DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To.... Litchi on Family Plan

Chirp

Reactions
Can I install Litchi on my iPad if I initially installed it on my iPhone? Without paying for it again.

In the App store it sez it's good for the family plan but when I go to install it it's asking for credit card information.

I'd rather not pay for it twice if I don't have to.

I have the family plan activated but like I said it's taking me all the way to the credit card page and I don't want to hit it. Do I just keep going and at the last minute it sez 'Hey there's no charge for you bc you're on the family plan?

Thanks for any help!

Can I install Litchi on my iPad if I initially installed it on my iPhone?
You can if you're using the same Apple account.

Reactions: Chirp
I am not an apple guy, but on Android all you have to do is log the device in on the same account you bought the Litchi app with.

if you try to buy anything else, even free app, does it ask for your credit card info?

Family plan is only for sharing apps between Apple accounts that you have previously setup as part of your family. If you are logged into the same Apple account on both devices, then you should be able to go into the App Store, tap on your account icon near the top right, then select purchased. If you see the litchi app in that list then you will not be charged again for it. It is possible that Apple is just trying to verify that your payment information is still valid, this does not mean that you are being charged. As @Arnold mentioned, try downloading a free app or a cheap $0.99 app to make sure your payment info is in order then try downloading the litchi app again from the list as outlined above. Hope that helps

Sounds like your Apple or iCloud account is logged in differently if it’s asking you to pay again.

I bought it on my iPhone. Then just got an iPad Mini 4 - and went to the App Store, and since I was logged in with the same Apple/iCloud account - it just showed the “cloud” download button. Downloaded it just fine.

Thanks for all the help...
I was trying and trying and all of a sudden I had the cloud to click on instead of it asking for money.
I'll know when my credit card comes in if it charged me. I never agreed to pay for it again so I think it's ok...

I was trying and trying and all of a sudden I had the cloud to click on instead of it asking for money.
I'll know when my credit card comes in if it charged me. I never agreed to pay for it again so I think it's ok...

Cool. If you got the cloud to click, you should be good to go.

If you truly are logged into the exact same Apple account on both devices, then it definitely did not charge you twice. When you first log into an Apple account on a new-to-you device and install an app, it is normal for them to verify your credit card number, just once.

Reactions: Chirp and 1px0ff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000