DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to make something like THIS? - Custom "Street View" with Drone

Yaros

Reactions
I came across this article recently, which shows that a guy made a custom version of "Street View" using his Phantom 4.
This is the project's website: ReubsVision.mu : The 360° Virtual Tour of Mauritius
And I wanted to do something similar, I'm a programmer myself, but I can't figure out how to do a website like this.
This is the only place I find this appropriate to ask: does anyone know how to do something similar? I'm talking about the website, I know already how to take the panoramas with my drone.
Of course, I could use something like kuula or similar, but I would like to build this from scratch. Any ideas?

I came across this article recently, which shows that a guy made a custom version of "Street View" using his Phantom 4.
This is the project's website: ReubsVision.mu : The 360° Virtual Tour of Mauritius
And I wanted to do something similar, I'm a programmer myself, but I can't figure out how to do a website like this.
This is the only place I find this appropriate to ask: does anyone know how to do something similar? I'm talking about the website, I know already how to take the panoramas with my drone.
Of course, I could use something like kuula or similar, but I would like to build this from scratch. Any ideas?
Great site!
Does ArcGIS include a 360 viewer? I’d be interested to know what viewer they are using…

Really a great concept!

Ah, I've answered my own question now that I'm on a computer instead of an iPad.

The 360 viewer code is from vr360.js, a script by Google and/or Marzipano. I think.

It depends on what you mean by hard.

If you think this is something modular that you can just snap together like legos and make it work then yes, because there is a hefty bit of programming effort going on behind that site.

As a general rule, great things are hard because otherwise they would be mundane and everyone would just do them.

Reactions: D_The_Producer
I think I will use the Google Maps API to do this.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Reactions: Korrd
Let me know of what you craft!

Reactions: Yaros

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser