DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to prep for return to merchant (not DJI)?

DelBeachFlyer

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m nearing the end of my return window on my M3 and RC Pro. I’m still torn about what to do, but it seems possible DJI will never have a solution for the GPS issues and I should just wait for rumored M3S.

What do I need to do to prep for return? I’ve read some people receiving second-hand drones that are account locked, so I want to make sure I deregister everything. I also purchased DJI Care Refresh. How do I get a refund of that?

Thanks.

Reactions: Kbviper
Regarding binding, there is a thread on the DJI forum by someone who bought am M3 that turns out to be bound. One of the MOD's posted the following
"To remove the aircraft from the account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. But only the bound account can operate this function.
Here is the path:
Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account."

Regarding everything else, remove any memory cards you added.

I presume the RC Pro takes the place of a normal controller and phone, if that is true then there are probably flight logs and cached etc. photos and videos on it, I would remove them if you can. You might need to connect to a the controller to a computer to do that and google the procedure.

I’m nearing the end of my return window on my M3 and RC Pro. I’m still torn about what to do, but it seems possible DJI will never have a solution for the GPS issues and I should just wait for rumored M3S.

What do I need to do to prep for return? I’ve read some people receiving second-hand drones that are account locked, so I want to make sure I deregister everything. I also purchased DJI Care Refresh. How do I get a refund of that?

Thanks.
I wouldn't return it, unless the slow GNSS issue is a complete deal breaker for you. Hot spotting the RC Pro to your phone for internet access has solved the issue for most RC-Pro users. Try that first. Rumors are rumors. They aren't real until confirmed. Once your HP is set on the first battery, there are no further delays, and performance of the drone and cameras can't be beaten! Besides, if it turns out to be a hardware issue, it will be fixed, and once it is, use your Refresh to get a fixed replacement. "Oops! Dropped my drone! Good thing I bought Refresh!" 🤣

If you think there is going to be a 3s imminently, I would return the drone. If you do not, I would keep it and give DJI a chance.

I wouldn't return it, unless the slow GNSS issue is a complete deal breaker for you. Hot spotting the RC Pro to your phone for internet access has solved the issue for most RC-Pro users. Try that first. Rumors are rumors. They aren't real until confirmed. Once your HP is set on the first battery, there are no further delays, and performance of the drone and cameras can't be beaten! Besides, if it turns out to be a hardware issue, it will be fixed, and once it is, use your Refresh to get a fixed replacement. "Oops! Dropped my drone! Good thing I bought Refresh!" 🤣

I have tested this while the controller is connected to my home wifi (took off from the driveway). It still took several minutes for the the first flight. I haven't tested subsequent batteries in a short time period. My primary fear is that DJI stops development in favor of the M3S (bug fixes and new features), and secondarily, the value of the M3 prematurely plummets.

I have tested this while the controller is connected to my home wifi (took off from the driveway). It still took several minutes for the the first flight. I haven't tested subsequent batteries in a short time period. My primary fear is that DJI stops development in favor of the M3S (bug fixes and new features), and secondarily, the value of the M3 prematurely plummets.
The value of the M3 is in the images and video it produces. While the slow initial HP acquisition may be annoying, it in no way affects the images or the video. There are several workarounds, too!
1. Carry a spare battery for HP acquisition and swap for a fresh one to launch.
2. Wait for 8 satellites, and just power cycle the battery. It will set the HP almost immediately.
3. Alternatively, immediately launch straight up as high as it will allow you, and let it set the HP from there.
4. Lastly, you can just fly off without the HP being set, and reset it to the RC location while in flight.
Using a combination of the above, I am underway with a proper HP set within 2 minutes, using the RC-Pro. Under all circumstances, after an initial HP acquisition, all subsequent flights from the same location within a few hours have an instantaneous HP setting. It is only the first flight that it affects. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If the M3S does come out as the rumors says it will, Dji will lose alot of clients that paid good money for the M3 as early adopters, me being one of them as i will then never buy another Dji product going forward unless my drone mysteriously crashes itself while flying in sports mode into a wall and i get a M3S as a replacement.

If the M3S does come out as the rumors says it will, Dji will lose alot of clients that paid good money for the M3 as early adopters, me being one of them as i will then never buy another Dji product going forward unless my drone mysteriously crashes itself while flying in sports mode into a wall and i get a M3S as a replacement.
We are all early adopters! That's why we fly DJI. If you want last year's tech, poorly copied and implemented, buy Autel Robotics, for an even more painful experience! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
We are all early adopters! That's why we fly DJI. If you want last year's tech, poorly copied and implemented, buy Autel Robotics, for an even more painful experience! 🤣
I sent my Autel Lite+ back. This is now the 3rd time i had to send the drone back for replacement:rolleyes:

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ