DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to recommend improvements to DJI??? (rule of thirds etc)

Reactions
I was wondering what people think about what I see as improvements to DJI software, specifically things like modes such as Active Track having an option to position the subject other than centre of the frame? I'd like to see an option where you can frame the original shot and the MP keeps the subject in the same relative position. Dead centre doesn't (often) look the best. In D-SLR still photography I often use rule of thirds and keep point of interest at one of those intersecting points. I just wonder how hard it would be for them to modify software to achieve that. An example would be Profile mode of something like a person riding a mountain bike ... I'd rather frame that with the bike at the bottom-left ROT point if riding towards the right, or bottom-right ROT point if riding to the left. This leaves "negative space" for them to be moving into and is generally more visually appealing. I guess an alternative, which I am yet to explore, would be post-processing cropping to achieve much the same thing. But is there a good place for making recommendations to DJI?

Hey DAZ, there are a few apps out there that will give iOS and Android users that will give your smartphone camera settings more like the ones in a DSLR Camera. I use FILmicPro v6.4.10. Check it out, the cost for theapp is $14.99.

Reactions: Sal
Hey DAZ, there are a few great apps out there that will give your iPhone 7 or better iOS camera settings. The app I use is “Filmic Pro”. You are able to change the settings much like a DSLR bodied cameras can easily do. The cost of the app is $14.99 but well worth the price in my mind. Another camera app works great is called, “Pro Cam 5” v10.5.1. Like Filmic Pro can shoot RAW images, can turn the iPhone 7 Plus and above into much like a DSLR camera with a very compact size too. I just ordered the very new FreeFly MOVI 3-axis brushless gimble and this gimble is AMAZING. I also just purchased the MOMENT brand new Wide Angle lens that is fixed to the smartphone also from MOMENT.

Hey DAZ, there are a few great apps out there that will give your iPhone 7 or better iOS camera settings....
CRV, thnx. I'll have to check this ... but I think I was meaning something different, ie have the MP camera (not phone) in Intelligent Flight modes (like Active Track / Profile) frame the shot to rule of thirds lines with the subject at intersection points instead of centrally framed.
DAZ

CRV, thnx. I'll have to check this ... but I think I was meaning something different, ie have the MP camera (not phone) in Intelligent Flight modes (like Active Track / Profile) frame the shot to rule of thirds lines with the subject at intersection points instead of centrally framed.
DAZ

Hey I don’t know what drone your using but I know that the new Mavics will let your pan the camera during active track and then lock your subject in a third oe wherever you want it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada