DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to recover videos from iPad if drone has flown away?

jimlips

Reactions
I'm SURE this info is already here somewhere, but I sure can't find it with the search engine. If I have a fly-away or lose my drone, I understand that a lower-quality copy of the video is stored on my iPad. I can even see it and play it back from within the DJI GO 4 software, IF my drone is connected and I tap on the the little right-arrow on the screen. There only seem to be still photos in the "Flight Records" section. But what if the aircraft is not available, and I want to extract the lower-quality video and place the video online. How do I find the video on my iPad? And how do I extract it from the iPad? I have no Apple computer, only a PC. Thanks for any assistance you can lend.

I'm SURE this info is already here somewhere, but I sure can't find it with the search engine. If I have a fly-away or lose my drone, I understand that a lower-quality copy of the video is stored on my iPad. I can even see it and play it back from within the DJI GO 4 software, IF my drone is connected and I tap on the the little right-arrow on the screen. There only seem to be still photos in the "Flight Records" section. But what if the aircraft is not available, and I want to extract the lower-quality video and place the video online. How do I find the video on my iPad? And how do I extract it from the iPad? I have no Apple computer, only a PC. Thanks for any assistance you can lend.
If you had this feature enabled then the videos are on the DJI Go app.

On the home screen of DJI Go 4 click editor at the bottom.
1830922F-4F68-4E5E-8F70-9BB70A6C2F05.jpeg
then click album at the top.
D17618B6-62FF-4297-AD05-E544BA22F314.jpeg
I have this feature disabled but this is where they would be.

You can select the video or photo you want to keep and save it to your device.

From there you can upload to YouTube or whatever you want to do with it from your iPad.

You could also use iTunes file sharing when connected to your PC (you can get iTunes for Windows directly from the Windows App Store) and transfer them to your PC (more difficult)

This forum ROCKS! Perfect! Found 'em! Thank you sooooo much, brett!

Jim, you can also directly record your iPad display screen onto your iPad if needed- it’s a nice feature as it will capture all the DJIGo4 messages and controls:

Reactions: jimlips
Jim, you can also directly record your iPad display screen onto your iPad if needed- it’s a nice feature as it will capture all the DJIGo4 messages and controls:

I sometimes have overloaded cpu warnings from my ipad mini4. Do you find this screen recording app takes a lot of resources on the ipad? Also how big are the files of the screen recording? are they huge like the video the drone takes?

I sometimes have overloaded cpu warnings from my ipad mini4. Do you find this screen recording app takes a lot of resources on the ipad? Also how big are the files of the screen recording? are they huge like the video the drone takes?

The videos are not like the 4K that the deone records, they are basically screen shots. I use my old iPhone 6s+ And iPad Air to record with no issues.

Reactions: hactick

AMann:

Thanks for the hint. In the past, I had tried recording the screen, but the old iPad2 I used just couldn't handle the load. I have since upgraded to the iPad A1893, and it works much better. It was on sale at Costco for around $249! That thing works great. I love the larger screen size for my old eyes. I'll try your screen recording link and report back, although it looks like I'll need to print the procedure out and tape it to my iPad, as it looks pretty complicated. :oops:

AMann:

Thanks for the hint. In the past, I had tried recording the screen, but the old iPad2 I used just couldn't handle the load. I have since upgraded to the iPad A1893, and it works much better. It was on sale at Costco for around $249! That thing works great. I love the larger screen size for my old eyes. I'll try your screen recording link and report back, although it looks like I'll need to print the procedure out and tape it to my iPad, as it looks pretty complicated. :oops:

It’s easy, set it just once. Then just swipe down from the top right corner of the screen on any page you are on and you will see a control panel that includes a red [edit: white] screen record button [edit: that turns red when recording].

Last edited:
It’s easy, set it just once. Then just swipe down from the top right corner of the screen on any page you are on and you will see a control panel that includes a red screen record button.
It's only red while recording. Otherwise, it's white.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580