DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to reset GPS after a crash (Mavic Pro)

Panamawise

Reactions
I lost my MP in Panama and found it three weeks later, it had crashed against a wall. I have ordered a replacement canopy: the electronics are exposed, but I'm trying to find out if it is capable of flying. I plan to recalibrate everything from scratch, but I am stuck... I get a system warning indicating that the GPS encounters disconnect, so I need to reset and check connection. I have checked this forum and read the manual, but have no clue how to proceed. I'd love to have your input. Thanks in advance. Chris

DRONE damage.jpg

at the back of the canopy is the plug that connects the 2 gps units, carefully check that plug and the wires connecting it, i believe there was a post here with some great pics on where to look for broken or damaged wires

Thank you Genesimmons and Thunderdrones! If I understand correctly, I would need to unscrew the canopy (I wonder what kind of screwdriver is required) and verify if the crash has not dislodged the connector (thank you for the photo).

I bought a multi tool set on Amazon for taking apart my Macair. The proper driver was in that kit. I advice u to watch a video on taking the Mav apart. There's 2 hidden screws under the covers under the front arms.

Reactions: Panamawise
Thank you, this is just what I did... After looking at two youtube videos, I ordered a complete tool set from Amazon (it includes the 1.5 mm hex driver).

I bought a multi tool set on Amazon for taking apart my Macair. The proper driver was in that kit. I advice u to watch a video on taking the Mav apart. There's 2 hidden screws under the covers under the front arms.
Stupid question: Is GPS RESET a HARDWARE issue exclusively? Such as verifying if the crash did not physically affect the drone innards and a connector popped out, for example. Or would a reset of the controller be required? Or maybe even reinstalling DJI GO 4?

Stupid question: Is GPS RESET a HARDWARE issue exclusively? Such as verifying if the crash did not physically affect the drone innards and a connector popped out, for example. Or would a reset of the controller be required? Or maybe even reinstalling DJI GO 4?

You might want to check your connector and the wires as was mentioned previously. If they are not damaged, and your GPS/Compass #1 are not damaged, when you restart your drone, you should get GPS readings and be able to calibrate the compass. You can calibrate the IMU and compass, that would be on the App.

Reactions: Panamawise
You might want to check your connector and the wires as was mentioned previously. If they are not damaged, and your GPS/Compass #1 are not damaged, when you restart your drone, you should get GPS readings and be able to calibrate the compass. You can calibrate the IMU and compass, that would be on the App.
Thank you Thunderdrones. As soon as I receive the replacement upper shell, I will disassemble the drone and take a look inside. There are few options for repair in Panama, as the nearest service center appears to be in Costa Rica. Since there is no postal service in Panama, shipping can only be achieved via courier, which is very expensive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom