DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOW TO RETURN A FOUND DJI DRONE TO ITS OWNER

In Germany and Sweden (as in most european countries) it is much easier. (1)As a drone operator, you are requiered by law to have name and contact data visible on your drone, (2) since January also your registration ID. The clear information und (1) will enable anyone to return a found drone.

And te be honoust, fi you do not have your drone labeled, you do not deserve to get it back.

The link to report a lost drone to DJI is:
There at the end of the page you find different ways to contact DJI.
(this was recommended to me by "DJI Stephen" on the DJI forum for Mini 2).

Reactions: Tufargon
Just coming into this thread at the end of conversation.
I found a Mini a few days ago. No registration markings only the QR in the battery flap. I took out SD card and played all recordings on it. Shows young guys hooning it around built up areas over cars etc. Many laws broken. Have left messages at where I thought the address was with no reply.

I live in Australia

My conundrum is..
1 Do I hand in to Local police.
2 Hand in to CASA
3 Return to DJI.
4 Put it in the trash
5 Keep and use it myself? Providing I can bind it to my controller etc.

Just coming into this thread at the end of conversation.
I found a Mini a few days ago. No registration markings only the QR in the battery flap. I took out SD card and played all recordings on it. Shows young guys hooning it around built up areas over cars etc. Many laws broken. Have left messages at where I thought the address was with no reply.

I live in Australia

My conundrum is..
1 Do I hand in to Local police.
2 Hand in to CASA
3 Return to DJI.
4 Put it in the trash
5 Keep and use it myself? Providing I can bind it to my controller etc.
Hi Michael, or you do, what in the first post of this thread is written:
Contact DJI with the information of
- Serial Number (inside the battery lid)
- Your Name, Your Phone Number, Your eMail address.
Sometimes (and if the drone was registered with them) they can contact the owner, who can contact you.
Good luck!
PS: In a case close to here the owner was found through local facebook groups.

Looks like, if it has an FAA number, then they can process through the FAA to get it to it's owner. If no FAA number, then you would have to go through DJI support and give them the serial number to find the owner, but they will be the ones that contact the owner. Both FAA and DJI would be the ones contacting the owner due to privacy issues. Then, i assume the owner would contact you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom