DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Return To Controller (Not Home)?

SRW

Reactions
Hi all,

My first post here. Been flying Phantom's for work over last few months and now invested in a Mavic 2 for my own use. About to get a Smart Controller and trying to find way to set to Return to controller and not home. Perhaps this is a Go 4 question but thought I would start off with the question here. Ive looked but can't figure it out. I'm shooting from a boat next week so need to get this sorted. Thanks in advance

Stewart

Does the smart controller have a built in gps? If it does and you turn in dynamic home point it will return to controller location in an intelligent flight mode once you go past 15 meters it will automatically update - if in regular mode flying you have to tap the update home point location to you’re present position and the new home point should update - then the height and distances will be calculated from your new position. Lots of videos on YouTube about this with a gps phone attached to controller but nothing about the smart controller.

Been flying Phantom's for work over last few months and now invested in a Mavic 2 for my own use. About to get a Smart Controller and trying to find way to set to Return to controller and not home.
I'm shooting from a boat next week so need to get this sorted.
The first item in the MC Settings in the app is what you are looking for to reset your home point to the location of the controller.
i-CxJ4Hmf-L.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, there is no Dynamic Home Point in regular flying.
If you are intending to fly from a boat, out on the water is a very unforgiving environment.
You'll should practise any boat techniques on land to become familiar with them.
That includes hand launching and landing as well as resetting the home point.
Out on the water is not the place to learn new tricks.

The first item in the MC Settings in the app is what you are looking for to reset your home point to the location of the controller.
i-CxJ4Hmf-L.jpg

If you are intending to fly from a boat, out on the water is a very unforgiving environment.
You'll should practise any boat techniques on land to become familiar with them.
Thanks Ive realised my error.. Im checking Go4 without a connection to the Mavic and so doesn't show the icons. Many thanks

i-CxJ4Hmf-L.jpg

PS.. I have a day of practice tomorrow .. will be interesting!

Hi all,

My first post here. Been flying Phantom's for work over last few months and now invested in a Mavic 2 for my own use. About to get a Smart Controller and trying to find way to set to Return to controller and not home. Perhaps this is a Go 4 question but thought I would start off with the question here. Ive looked but can't figure it out. I'm shooting from a boat next week so need to get this sorted. Thanks in advance

Stewart
Just tap the follow me icon (the little person)and it will follow the remote

Reactions: mereflyer and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50