DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to save a position for photos

Uhhjoe82

Reactions
Does anyone know how to save a position and camera angle for taking photos? I’d like to take photos, especially hyperlight photos in the same spot throughout the year. I tried using waypoints but I can’t use hyperlight with waypoints.

Reactions: Dronage
(You mean hyperlapse, not hyperlight.)

There's waypoints, but there's also Hyperlapse Waypoints. Bottom of page 24 in the user guide.

Is that not what you need?

EDIT: Oh wait, you want it to save like a Waypoint mission. Yeah, it doesn't do that. Best bet that I think of us to use a normal saved waypoint to get to a fix coordinate, then create the same hyperlapse waypoint (same compass direction, same interval / video duration settings). You'll also have to be good about the gimbal pitch, aircraft speed, etc.

Chris

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks, but I do mean hyperlight. I am an electrician and I’m doing outdoor lighting and parking lot lights for a school. I need to take some pictures of the old lights before the project and then after with the new new lights installed. I need to do this from the same position to make a side by side comparison of before and after.

Thanks, but I do mean hyperlight.

Apologizing for assuming. This is one of those features that I run into but don't understand because it's not well documented (DJI mentions it, but not what it is / does or how to work it -- Litchi docs don't even mention it). I take screen grabs out in the field as reminders to learn about them, but this feature was still in the queue.

In fact, I'm getting to notice just how many YEARS out of date the Litchi documentation is (yo, I'm up for hire of you need a content person).

For now, youtube is our friend.

Chris

Yeah there isn’t to much info on different ways to use hyperlight. I’ll tell you though the few night shots I took using it are incredible. It minimizes the noise immensely and the photos have been coming out crystal clear. I highly recommend using hyperlight for simple, fast, clear and might I say brilliant night shots.

Does anyone know how to save a position and camera angle for taking photos? I’d like to take photos, especially hyperlight photos in the same spot throughout the year. I tried using waypoints but I can’t use hyperlight with waypoints.

You haven't mentioned which drone you are using. Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 . Mavic Pro can use Litchi or Autopilot. Mavic 2 can use Litchi. Program your flight, location, subject, camera angle, etc. Then you can fly as many missions as needed and they will always be the same and your videos/photos always the same.

It’s a mavic 2 Pro. The problem with flying missions to take photos is the drone doesn’t pause long enough to take a clear shot. Especially at night, the drone moved to the next location without pausing long enough for the right exposure and the night photos ended up blurry. This is why I was trying to use hyperlight for my night shots which also require a couple seconds for the right exposure.

It’s a mavic 2 Pro. The problem with flying missions to take photos is the drone doesn’t pause long enough to take a clear shot. Especially at night, the drone moved to the next location without pausing long enough for the right exposure and the night photos ended up blurry. This is why I was trying to use hyperlight for my night shots which also require a couple seconds for the right exposure.

I may be wrong, but with Litchi, you should be able to set it to stop at pre-determined locations to take the shot and program the exposure time.

Yeah that’s what I want to do is use hyperlight but it keeps reverting back to normal camera mode.

Pretty sure you can just select Waypoint mode and then set a pin on the map and adjust height and set it to take a photo and click the top box and Save ?

Yeah, that's the best solution so far, which is not fully automated.

Normal waypoint missions are fully automated, so you get repeatable results each time you run the mission. You can set a waypoint to stop, take a shot, complete with height, orientation, and gimbal pitch.

But if you want a Hyperlight shot, you have to get there via a waypoint, then do the rest manually.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose