DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to scale up the Font and Icon sizes on Litchi App?

BobN2Tech

Reactions
The font sizes are so small and especially hard to read in sunlight. I have tried 2 phones, the Galaxy S7 and S10 running the latest Litchi app. I find the font sizes and some of the icons so small its almost impossible to see, let alone make changes to slider values, or move a way point with a normal size finger. I've tried changing the Accessibility settings on both these phones, and it does not make any difference (except the S7 fonts and sizes seem to be a tad larger). See the screen shots for my S7 and S10 when I use larger fonts. Anyone have a work-around other than using the temporary magnification option (3 taps to enlarge, or zoom), which is very inconvenient.

Attachments

• S7_Larger_font_Waypoint_Litchi.jpg
    S7_Larger_font_Waypoint_Litchi.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • S10_Mid font setting_Waypoint_Litchi.jpg
    S10_Mid font setting_Waypoint_Litchi.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Totally agreed on the difficulty with fonts on Litchi (and on almost any other drone control app).

However, for Litchi only, I would say that it does not concern me excessively. Your screenshots show you using the Waypoints: there are almost no changes that I would to make to slider values (or the position of Waypoints and Points of Interest) on the phone itself. Provided you have planned (and tested) the waypoint mission on your computer, the interface to load and execute a mission is big enough.

However, the interface for other flight features is not quite as good, and cannot be planned in advance.

I had not thought about doing the planning of missions on the computer. but that is a good idea. For the other features that you do while in the field, it's too bad they can't offer a font size change in one of the settings.

I had not thought about doing the planning of missions on the computer. but that is a good idea. For the other features that you do while in the field, it's too bad they can't offer a font size change in one of the settings.
Agreed.

When you do plan on the computer, use Virtual Litchi Mission (for Windoze) or Yet Another Virtual Litchi Mission (for Mac) to generate a file that will play in Google Earth. It will give you an accurate 3D tour, provided the area you are flying in has 3D mapping, and will help you check you haven't done something stupid (for example, set 1 m/s when you mean 10m/s).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS