DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Set Camera for ND Filter?

cpurick

Reactions
I understand ND and how it works, but not understanding how to dial in the desired shutter speed on the Air 2S. Do you lock the shutter speed in Auto and let the drone adjust ISO, or do you go to Pro mode and take full control of the histogram? I thought I could let Auto do the initial settings so I could see what shutter speed my filter was producing, but the drone seems to adjust ISO dynamically to hold 1/100, and I don't seem to have control of shutter speed. Not what I expected. How is this done?

Add the ND filter and just let camera do it's thing to make automatic adjustments. The ND filter just reduces the amount of light and the camera will compensate just like it would compensate for a dark cloudy day.
For videos the purpose of the ND filter is to reduce light and force the auto exposure to compensate by using a slower shutter speed.

Reactions: Fergy
Add the ND filter and just let camera do it's thing to make automatic adjustments. The ND filter just reduces the amount of light and the camera will compensate just like it would compensate for a dark cloudy day.
For videos the purpose of the ND filter is to reduce light and force the auto exposure to compensate by using a slower shutter speed.
That was my first thought. Unfortunately, I'm not getting an indication of what shutter speed it's using. It always says 1/100. I'm hoping to see the shutter speed so I can tell if I'm using the right filter. Plus, there is evidence it's varying the ISO to adjust for the filter, which is not what I expect.

To see the shutter speed record your video with subtitles which then saves a separate .SRT file with the data. Us VLC media player to view the video and you'll have all the details. Just enjoy shooting videos in automatic when you have a ND filter in place.

That was my first thought. Unfortunately, I'm not getting an indication of what shutter speed it's using. It always says 1/100. I'm hoping to see the shutter speed so I can tell if I'm using the right filter. Plus, there is evidence it's varying the ISO to adjust for the filter, which is not what I expect.
If you want to control the shutter speed, you have to use manual mode.
Auto will adjust shutter &/or ISO and you can't control it.
Do you really need to use ND filters anyway?

Reactions: EricJT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0