DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to set up controller or tablet to prevent charging tablet?

motopokep

Reactions
I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet and connecting it to rc with the tablet's data / charging cable. Remote keeps charging the tablet when connected, quickly draining the remote's battery. Is there a way to turn this off? I tried going to "use USB for" setting in the tablet and unchecking "charging" and checking "file transfers", but it doesn't save that setting.

Also, I want to purchase a much shorter usb cable to connect the remote to tablet. What kind of cable is it called? Data cable? I know some cables are just for charging. Maybe I'll try using the short RC charging cable to see if it also transfers data...

EDIT: after some research, I see there is no setting to stop charging the tablet, except for "rooting" it...what does that mean and how do I do it?

Last edited:
I personally like the Cyanogen Mod (CM) which is a complete Android replacement and is closest to a "pure" android operating system as one can get. This requires one to root and then flash and entirely new OS onto the device. Rooting only would seem to be a good choice for you.

Rooting does not work on nexus 7....been there done that. The only way is to cut your cable and add a resistor to one of the cables.either red or black can't remember which as it was so long ago.

or I've read another option is to insert a portable charger pack into the charging port of the rc, which will minimize draining the rc battery. Does that work without interfering with data connection between the big port of the rc and the tablet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000