DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Setup Live Streaming with new DJI Fly Update

Jamm1975

Reactions
I was trying to figure out live streaming with RTMP last night and here’s an easy and quick way. Open your web browser on phone/device and go to https://wwwYouTube.com and notice it has “M” for mobile

IMG_0014.jpeg
Next we select “Request Desktop Site” to make it think we are on a pc or laptop

IMG_0015.jpeg

Now notice little camera option now available. Click that and select “Go Live”

IMG_0016.jpeg

Now we can see our RTMP url and key. In your DJI fly app when you go to the live transmission settings just enter “rtmp://url/key”. So something like rtmp://a.rtmp.YouTube.com/live2/1234-5678-9123-4567-8901. *YOUR KEY SHOULD BE A COMBINATION OF 20 LETERS AND NUMBERS. DONT FORGET TO COPY & PASTE ALL😀

Ps. If after you select “live stream” it says some garbage about downloading chrome etc, and you can’t see your url or settings, you’re probably opening it in web view…which is a thing lol. Just go back and this time when you select “Live Stream” do it by LONG PRESSING it, then “OPEN IN NEW TAB”, select that tab and “REQUEST DESKTOP SITE” or it may say “DESKTOP SITE” under the settings. Then continue on as normal👌😎

IMG_0017.png
After entering the info you can pick between 1080p or 720p and also 5mbps or 3mbps….I chose 720p and 3mbps for lower latency and it worked great. Hope this helps. Remember that google is your friend, and so are we if you have any questions. I am in no way a “technical writer” 😂, but was hoping to help point folks in the right direction. Happy flying and stay safe my friends

Attachments

• I was trying to figure out live streaming with RTMP last night and….pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Oh yah…you don’t necessarily need to set it up on the device that you’re using to fly with. I did it from my iPad mini 6 (which is amazing to fly with btw…I use the adapter from Drone Valley👌😎) and I also did it from my pc and Samsung Note 9 and it worked great all 3 times. Have fun and hope this helps.

Ps. There might be an easier way, but I don’t have any subscribers because I don’t ever YouTube and create content so it said I couldn’t live stream😒😖. Well guess what…yes I can, and so can you😜

Last edited:
Its already available to download for android on the dji website. It says its only 1.4.8, but just click on it and you'll see it is actually downloading the 1.4.12😃
yah I just installed it as well.

yah I just installed it as well.
And I guess they just fixed it because it actually does say 1.4.12 now. Now they just need to release it for IOS. Wish I didn't have to have both Android AND IOS to have everything DJI offers in terms of apps for my DJI FPV drone😢😅

Interesting, I have never done live streaming on you tube and it takes 24 hours to turn on. I was able to get to this place just by going to YouTube studio.

1633981452284.png

Interesting, I have never done live streaming on you tube and it takes 24 hours to turn on. I was able to get to this place just by going to YouTube studio.

View attachment 136367
Thats different. I haven't seen that before. But I'm also not a streamer 😅 i am a techie, so I just wanted to do the live streaming just to test it and because its there lol

Thats different. I haven't seen that before. But I'm also not a streamer 😅 i am a techie, so I just wanted to do the live streaming just to test it and because its there lol
I tried your method and for some reason I could not get to that screen with the RTMP key. i was using a s20 ultra and it had a loading screen at the point above that said i needed to download chrome (even though I was using chrome).

Gona try it again in 24 hours and see if this was the blocker.

I tried your method and for some reason I could not get to that screen with the RTMP key. i was using a s20 ultra and it had a loading screen at the point above that said i needed to download chrome (even though I was using chrome).

Gona try it again in 24 hours and see if this was the blocker.
Don’t forget that I mentioned this in the post…if this happens, just go back and this time when you select “live stream” hold it down, select “open in new tab” then pick “desktop site” view and it will work

“Ps. If after you select “live stream” it says some garbage about downloading chrome etc, and you can’t see your url or settings, you’re probably opening it in web view…which is a thing lol. Just go back and this time when you select “Live Stream” do it by LONG PRESSING it, then “OPEN IN NEW TAB”, select that tab and “REQUEST DESKTOP SITE” or it may say “DESKTOP SITE” under the settings. Then continue on as normal👌😎

I was trying to figure out live streaming with RTMP last night and here’s an easy and quick way. Open your web browser on phone/device and go to https://wwwYouTube.com and notice it has “M” for mobile

Thanks for sharing that. We've actually had a similar experience with using DJI Go app, using RTMP protocol for streaming. Unfortunately even if you select ultra low latency for streaming option there is still quite a lot of delay, i.e. based on our testing around 4 seconds. Which sounds reasonable given that the live stream has to go first via YouTube servers, where it is processed to be available for large number of viewers. Then the stream has to go from YouTube servers to the viewer.

What we came up is technically superior (using WebRTC for P2P live streaming) with respect to latency and video quality. We basically developed our own app (using official DJI SDK) that supports proper ultra low latency (sub 1s) streaming with option to also let your viewer control your drone. There is already a thread on this forum available here that outlines capabilities of the app and how it works. You can also visit our official website (DroneControl) for more information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98