DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Shoot *AT* yr Drone on the SAME Phone that Controls it...

Rockowe

Reactions
… SO I did some testing ….

It appears that Its Possible to use the SAME Camera Phone that your Drone Controller is on - to shoot Pictures of your Actual Drone Taking off, Hovering or doing Stunts. You can do it all at the SAME time !

( See Reference video and video )

This Video of the ACTUAL Drone was done while controlling with Litchi App in the Background

Watch Both …. INTRO

My OWN real test Video (Using my Phone Camera that's connected to the RC) while Controlling with LITCHI -

I just flip over to camera and take the pic i want. i do it all the time.. the dji go app just displays telememtry, it doesnt actually control the drone.

almost every picture of my drone on my instagram is done that way.

Mav Mount (@mavmount) • Instagram photos and videos

Reactions: Horace G Hill Sr
I just flip over to camera and take the pic i want. i do it all the time.. the dji go app just displays telememtry, it doesnt actually control the drone.

almost every picture of my drone on my instagram is done that way.

Mav Mount (@mavmount) • Instagram photos and videos
... Was talking about VIDEO specifically - …

The DJI Go 4 app does WAY more than Just display telemetry... 'Tap Fly' and some Active track options send signals constantly to the RC to emulate control stick function - Waypoint 2 - as well -
… not to minimise the function of the Litchi App

… and in this case I was using LITCHI which Does control the drone -
especially on Missions that rely on the Gimbal - and feedback to and from the drone -

The point made was to check whether it was Possible to Video the Drone from the same Device that was used for the RC and at the same time -

SO Video works (as above)- and so does Quick Pics (as you said) with just a flip of the App -

... Was talking about VIDEO specifically -

Sorry, I read your first line where you said "shoot pictures" and assumed you were referring to "shooting pictures".

Its Possible to use the SAME Camera Phone that your Drone Controller is on to shoot Pictures

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143