DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to smooth out my filming

Gealousy

Reactions
Some tips and tricks to smooth out my filming so the craft isn’t so jerky when flying would be great! Also how do you upload HD to YouTube? Original is much more crisp... very new to this. Thanks!

Reactions: allenface
Some tips and tricks to smooth out my filming so the craft isn’t so jerky when flying would be great! Also how do you upload HD to YouTube? Original is much more crisp... very new to this. Thanks!

Just watched it on your YouTube channel and subscribed. can’t wait to see your future videos . I have been playing with the tripod mode and it seems to work very well especially for shots like yours.

I have to agree with Miguel. Get airborne and if you do not need the horizontal speed then use the Tripod mode. You can always go into gimbal settings - Camera gimbal advanced settings - then set Maximum gimbal pitch speed 6 and gimbal pitch smoothness 15 or even lower figures. Experiment with the settings. This will help to smooth things out.

Thanks guys. This is on the new MA2 using the Fly App so I'm not sure if those settings are in there, I'm going to go check it out! I did have it in Tripod mode. I think that perhaps some of it is my inexperience in flying too.

I've got the Mini and was shooting (for awhile) in 2.7K resolution. BIG files. I started comparing 2.7K with 1080P and ….what-the-hey.. I'm now shooting 1080P. Everything to do with processing is so much quicker now and I'm left wondering... 'When exactly will I want the higher res.? I dunno. (If I ever get to travel again perhaps) ..LoL Here's an example, shot in 1080P (and a little 'Doe-see-Doe' thrown in) … Enjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGUELVM360
I've got the Mini and was shooting (for awhile) in 2.7K resolution. BIG files. I started comparing 2.7K with 1080P and ….what-the-hey.. I'm now shooting 1080P. Everything to do with processing is so much quicker now and I'm left wondering... 'When exactly will I want the higher res.? I dunno. (If I ever get to travel again perhaps) ..LoL Here's an example, shot in 1080P (and a little 'Doe-see-Doe' thrown in) … Enjoy:

That does look good!

Sorry mate, but I'm not seeing the "jerky" video you mention. Looks smooth to me, so not sure what you are seeing. Sometimes playing back video within a device or off a card can cause jerkyness. Never judge by running video off the card. Always get it on to a computer and at least get it into Quicktime or if on a Mac, iMovie. These cards, unless you are using a real high end, high MB read/right card, are good at acquisition but at the sacrifice of playback.
As an aside....oft times the slower you move, the more susceptible you are to environmental conditions. If a nice slow move is what you desire and you are not happy with what you are getting, try to either a) shoot at a higher frame rate, aka slo motion, like 96-120fps. That way you can control the flow. b) shoot at 60fps and then post at 30fps. You will smooth out the flight. In both cases you will of course extend the video viewing time. I like the slomo option because you can fly the craft a bit faster, which will generally smooth out the flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000