DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Stop Gimbal Drifting in Hyperlapse mode ?

Jason_sturgess

Reactions
How to Stop Gimbal Drifting in Hyperlapse mode ?

I don't know how to fix this problem ! When I select Hyperlapse I select the Drone Direction lock and facing forward but every time I complete the process the Drone Gimbal Drifts to the left ? There is no WIND so its not that , its driving me insane is the Gimbal broken ?
Basically the footage is moving forward but the camera drifts to the left ?

I have posted a Sample below , maybe someone can help me.

Have you tried designating a focal point.
FWIW, in the video posted I can’t tell anything is amiss.
I have only used hyperlapse in a hover at 150’ to 200’ altitude to capture sunsets... search my name and Arizona sunset for examples. I don’t get a drift of the image even though the drone may drift a few feet.
Maybe a log analysis by one of our experts could shed some light on the issue your perceiving.

I can confirm that my drone also drifts from center in Hyperlapse, when on a course lock straight ahead. The bearing changes and it bumps from side to side, even without wind. (All of which may not happen if the drone is stationary).

So I'm following this thread in hopes that someone has a solution, but wanted to chip in to say that you're not alone.

Chris

Reactions: Thomas B
Beautiful scenery by the way! I have found that this occurs to me when I have magnetic interference. Occasionally I fly from a pier that is concrete and so the bars in it cause me to calibrate the compass. When I do that, the drone is OK, but after it is out there I get magnetic interference notification on my remote. It was only after i saw the hyperlapse that I realized what was happening. Sometimes I didn't get a warning and this is why I did it a few times, with the same results.

What I do now is step off and away from the interference - the metal structures - and no more drift in my hyperlapses, even when shooting the same bridge. Not sure if this is what is happening to you, but you might want to check and see if you are near anything that can cause low-grade interference not high enough to register but enough to affect your bird's flight.

Happy flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser