DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to take a self portrait with mavic 2 without showing or having controller in my hand ?

You can take a video of yourself and get your picture from there. I dont think it has a selfie mode like the spark does which has a gesture mode for that specific purpose. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: kaku721
is there a way to a self portrait with Mavic 2 pro without showing the controller ?
Any self timer mode etc ?

No self timer (yet?), but some approaches that might work depending on what you want to do and assuming no one else is around to press the shutter for you (presumably not if you're asking the question!):

Get the drone into a hover where you want to take the shot from, take a test shot to acquire focus and confirm exposure, then move the hand with the controller in it behind something (you?) and press the shutter to take the actual shot. This only works if you don't want both hands in the shot, but will give you a full 20MP still with full exposure control, etc.

Put the drone into a hover and start a video recording. Move the controller out of sight for a bit to get the shot, then retrieve it, stop the recording and recover the drone. You can then extract a still from the video later, but it will have a max resolution of 4K only (about 8MP).

Better yet, use the pre-programmed flight modes (or waypoints) to create a Hyperlapse and be sure to save the individual stills. I *believe* that will capture individual stills using the full 20MP resolution, and it'll give you a fly-around or fly-by video as well.

Not sure since I don't use it, but maybe Litchi has a built in mode for this as well that might work better?

Any self timer mode
You can use the "Timed Shot" photo mode to automatically takes photos every 2 to 60 seconds. After hitting the shutter button, the camera will continue to snap photos at the selected interval until the shutter button is pressed again.

DJI-GO-Camera-Timed-Shot.jpg

You can use the "Timed Shot" photo mode to automatically takes photos every 2 to 60 seconds. After hitting the shutter button, the camera will continue to snap photos at the selected interval until the shutter button is pressed again.

View attachment 64169

Awesome! that's what I was looking for. Thank you so much

place the drone to the spot where you will take the shot, put your hands behind your back and click away

View attachment 64169
Always very helpful fella.... Thumbswayup
Ian

Reactions: msinger
I frame the shots with my wife and place the controller behind her back and shoot it. This is our Christmas card I shot with my MP 1. I always take several and pick out the best[emoji106][emoji106]org_d9cbf7a9e9982a11_1542312414000.jpeg

Reactions: msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143