DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to take a single timer photo

pilot1

Reactions
I would like to be able to take a family photo and put the remote control down to be in the picture. I have tried to use the timer feature but it takes numerous photos at once. I see the setting for the timer for 2 seconds to 30 seconds but that is not what I need.
I would like to just push the photo button, have a 5 or 10 second countdown then have the camera take the picture. I do not need multiple photos at once.
I would appreciate anyone's guidance how to do this.

Why not use the gesture mode for taking the shot? Check out this quick tutorial.

I would like to be able to take a family photo and put the remote control down to be in the picture. I have tried to use the timer feature but it takes numerous photos at once. I see the setting for the timer for 2 seconds to 30 seconds but that is not what I need.
I would like to just push the photo button, have a 5 or 10 second countdown then have the camera take the picture. I do not need multiple photos at once.
I would appreciate anyone's guidance how to do this.

You want timed shot, it doesn’t take multiple at once. If you set it at 10 it will take 1 photo every 10 seconds. There is a separate “Multiple” option that does 3, 5, or 7 at once.

Thank you for the suggestion on the gesture mode however I usually have a group of people around me and so the hand gesture may get lost in the group. I prefer to just have a straight countdown for a single photo. Jeff7577 above had a good suggestion however the way he describes it, it would keep taking photos in the preset time interval. I would like to be able to have it take just one photo with a 10 second countdown. Is there a way to achieve that?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo