DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to tell CE or FCC

Pretty sure there is a CE mark in the battery cabinet of the drone or on the underside of the controller if it is a CE model.
D055FF35-A1A5-4B88-B396-122F1C52AE06.jpeg

Yes finally worked it out after some research.

Model MT1SS5
5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC)
Model MT1SD25
2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE)
5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)

Reactions: Jasuman
You can also look at the 'Transmission' tab in the DJI Fly app.
If it's running FCC then you'll see 11 WiFi channels.
If it's running CE, then you'll see 13 WiFi channels.

What happenss when you put the CE model into FCC mode though .

Which is why I am asking the question.... Does it really make a difference to range in the CE model... Nobody had answered that yet..

Which is why I am asking the question.... Does it really make a difference to range in the CE model... Nobody had answered that yet..
There does seem to be a lot of evidence in on-line forums and YouTube vid's that indicate that the FCC settings provide a more powerful transmission - and therefore increasing the 'quality' of the connection between the controller and the Mavic (all range-increasing stuff aside!). I've never had a problem with my CE based Mav' Pro - so won't be doing any converting myself.

There does seem to be a lot of evidence in on-line forums and YouTube vid's that indicate that the FCC settings provide a more powerful transmission - and therefore increasing the 'quality' of the connection between the controller and the Mavic (all range-increasing stuff aside!). I've never had a problem with my CE based Mav' Pro - so won't be doing any converting myself.
Yes but i can’t see definitive proof from a CE machine that’s been made to go into FCC mode that it does make a difference and it operates with more power ..pretty sure it’s similar power on a different frequency only ... perhaps less congestion on the WiFi channel but not much more surely?

I'd have to sit down a do a bit more research, but first glance seems to indicate that FCC regulations allow radiated power around the 1 Watt (1,000mW) range, whereas the European CE regulations talk about 100 mW - so there is a significant difference in specifications it seems. The frequency range is only slightly more, with 13 channels in the CE model, and 11 in the FCC.

This is an interesting article that shows the spec's for the difference in transmission power for the FCC and CE models of the Mavic Mini:

Reactions: Gkinghrn
[QUOTE = "FoxhallGH, hozzászólás: 920261, tag: 76297"]
Megnézheti a DJI Fly alkalmazás „Átvitel” lapját is.
Ha az FCC fut, akkor 11 WiFi csatorna jelenik meg.
Ha a CE működik, akkor 13 WiFi csatorna jelenik meg.
[/IDÉZET]
I have fcc model and 5 wifi channel

Fcc model fcc wifi channel

Attachments

• C95C5BC7-DCFC-4A40-A6BD-D87C8CC00F9D.png
    C95C5BC7-DCFC-4A40-A6BD-D87C8CC00F9D.png
    810.5 KB · Views: 155
I got ce mini in uk and i manage do 1600 m in urban area with 2£ range extender from eba6. Tonight im gonna try same way with this hack.as a weather in uk is ridicules i always wait with time slot fromfrom uav app .after i buy mini i email dji with asking them why they false advertising 4km on ther site and they send me all that guide about it

This is an interesting article that shows the spec's for the difference in transmission power for the FCC and CE models of the Mavic Mini:

Yes but does the FCC mode on a CE machine generate the same power as FCC mode on a FCC remote - somehow I doubt it ...otherwise why have 2 different models

If you hack a CE model to FCC as decribed above, does it require a phone capable of running the 5.8GHz Wifi band (besides the 2.4GHz)? I operate on Android. I would assume so. Thanks for confirmation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent