DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to transfer files from Mavic to PC via USB?

Pilot Mike

Reactions
Hi, just bought my first drone, Mavic mini after being into RC helis for decades. I am blown away. It flies the way I always wished I could fly my collective pitch helis.

Anyway, I can't seem to transfer files from the Mavic to my PC with the USB cable. Surely this can be done and you don't have to remove the ad card every time?

When I plug in the Mavic and turn it on, nothing happens on the PC.

Any advice would be great. Also Is there a way to take photos and have them save to your phone? I took a few photos the other day, but they would not show up on the Mavic app or in my phone's photo gallery.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My be easier to remove sim from MM and put the sim in a reader on ya PC to Xfer files.

Anyway, I can't seem to transfer files from the Mavic to my PC with the USB cable. Surely this can be done and you don't have to remove the ad card every time?
You can use the cable but it's awkward and very slow.
The usual way is to pop the SD card, put it in a $3 USB adapter and put that in your computer.
Simple and fast

Thanks for your advice. Is there any use for me to have the assistant 2 app as a beginner? Is it possible to just download the driver's so I can plug the drone into my computer via USB and have it act like a HDD without having to install the software?

Also, USB must be the way you'd do it if you didn't have an SD card and relied on the internal memory.

Thanks again for any suggestions, this drone is truly mind blowing!

Thanks for your advice. Is there any use for me to have the assistant 2 app as a beginner? Is it possible to just download the driver's so I can plug the drone into my computer via USB and have it act like a HDD without having to install the software?

Also, USB must be the way you'd do it if you didn't have an SD card and relied on the internal memory.

Thanks again for any suggestions, this drone is truly mind blowing!
The PC may well just recognise the drone as an external HD, give it a try. As far as DJI assistant is concerned, there’s not much functionality other than refreshing or updating the firmware and using the flight simulator (this would be a pain as you need to remove all the props), also I’m not sure how the MM would behave as I’ve seen a few posts of people reporting overheat and shutdown. I’m not an expert and someone else may well correct me, but it’s my experience so far.

Ok, so I figured it out. The software needs to be installed for windows to detect the Mavic as a drive. It must install the necessary drivers with the software. I tried plugging it in without the software installed and windows wouldn't detect it. Glad I got it all sorted, thanks for your advice, problem solved! Much easier now just transferring files via USB.

Hey guys,

One question, does anyone knows why inside the dji app, I can only see the videos, but none of the pictures taken?
Is there a setting that I missed checking?
I know for sure that I've taken a couple of pictures while flying the drone, but they are not being shown inside the library.

53e81810b6aa854dd4ae6fb6cab8d499.jpg

Your tips are welcomed.
Thanks!

have anyone tried to connect to tv,and if ,how ?
would love to see own videos on big screen from this little monster...

just be aware that the MM does not have a cooling fan and can overheat if not flying you could have a desk fan blowing over it as you download which will give some airflow through the drone but it is easier to just remove the SD card and use a card reader to transfer to your computer

Just bought a mavic mini2, when I try to download to my pc it keeps asking to format? my card has 256gb, and the pc tells me I got 6.8? I can not tranfer my video onto the pc?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus