DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use ND filters on your drone

Well done and very informative video about what ND filters do and do not do.

Another point if the camera or the object is moving, the closer the camera is to the subject/scenery the more the need to get rid of the unnatural "freezeframe jump" between frames. At a high altitude and everything in the distance, the freezeframe jump is less apparent as there is less movement between frames and slowing the shutter speed by adding ND filters may not show any difference. If you are flying low, the scenery nearby zipping past the camera will definitely benefit with some blurring and the slower shutter speed won't hurt the distance scenery as it doesn't appear to move very much.

Well done and very informative video about what ND filters do and do not do.

Another point if the camera or the object is moving, the closer the camera is to the subject/scenery the more the need to get rid of the unnatural "freezeframe jump" between frames. At a high altitude and everything in the distance, the freezeframe jump is less apparent as there is less movement between frames and slowing the shutter speed by adding ND filters may not show any difference. If you are flying low, the scenery nearby zipping past the camera will definitely benefit with some blurring and the slower shutter speed won't hurt the distance scenery as it doesn't appear to move very much.

Yes great point!!!! ^^^^^^

Very informative! Thank you! I've been concentrating on learning to fly my new Mini without regard to the manual camera settings. Automatic all the time. But the limitations of the automatic camera adjustments are (sometimes, not always) apparent in the resultant videos. As I become more skilled at getting those cinematic reveals and panning shots, thru better control of the drone, I'm realizing my need to take more responsibility for the total quality of the video - by manually setting ISO, shutter speed, white balance, etc to take full advantage of the camera's capabilities. I now see ND filters in my future!
Happy flying

Another great video! I remember starting looking into ND filters from another video of yours in your channel that you posted here. This is one is an improved version since you pretty much include all the info that a newbie needs to understand the basics of using them.

Thank you for posting!

Another great video! I remember starting looking into ND filters from another video of yours in your channel that you posted here. This is one is an improved version since you pretty much include all the info that a newbie needs to understand the basics of using them.

Thank you for posting!

Yeah I was getting lots of people saying it didn't make sense, so I went back to the drawing board and tried to make a video that would make sense. Hopefully it worked?

The previous one was good enough to trigger people to look more into ND filters, but this one was spot on!

Reactions: sli-woody

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters