DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to verify Mavic history

whiskey_0307

Reactions
I know there was a website that was taken down in November that allowed you to input your serial number to verify information or history on a Mavic. I recently purchased a Mavic on Amazon as "New" but I'm pretty sure what was shipped to me is "Used". I'm waiting on the Seller's response but I'm thinking it's used because it won't let me activate Care Refresh and says it's been activated for more than 48hrs.

Yes the serial # website has been disabled. If you purchased through Amazon I wouldn't bother waiting for the re-seller to respond, contact Amazon. BTW who is/was the re-seller?

And they use/follow the Amazon Return Policy:

upload_2018-1-4_20-51-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-4_20-50-17.png
    upload_2018-1-4_20-50-17.png
    114 KB · Views: 32
So I guess I should wait for their response to try and fix the issue. I saw their ratings and was confused how they managed to ship a Used item as New. There was a little black residue in on the legs, the SD card was already installed, and the Lightning to RC cable was already installed, but the clear stickers were on all the sensors.

Here's what it says btw on DJI's site. This was the red flag considering I just got it delivered today.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 4.32.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 4.32.09 PM.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 62
So I guess I should wait for their response to try and fix the issue. I saw their ratings and was confused how they managed to ship a Used item as New. There was a little black residue in on the legs, the SD card was already installed, and the Lightning to RC cable was already installed, but the clear stickers were on all the sensors.

Here's what it says btw on DJI's site. This was the red flag considering I just got it delivered today.
Yeah you need to get this resolved asap.

If the DJI GO app did not prompt you to activate your Mavic, then that's a sign that somebody was already using it.

The DJI serial number follows a pattern for all their parts (RC, gimbal, batts, etc). If you search this forum, you should be able to find it. If you are lazy, post it here and I can do it for you. I've got a spreadsheet that does it. :)

The DJI serial number follows a pattern for all their parts (RC, gimbal, batts, etc). If you search this forum, you should be able to find it. If you are lazy, post it here and I can do it for you. I've got a spreadsheet that does it. :)
Thanks. Found the decoder after some searching and it shows:
Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 16. November 2017

So fairly new. Maybe someone bought it as a Christmas present and returned it. Whole thing still seems weird. Didn't have this much trouble when I got my Spark from DJI directly and kind of wish I went that route with the Mavic. 2-day Prime shipping just seemed more convenient than waiting a week or two for DJI to ship to me.

Update time.

There was a delay getting a replacement Mavic sent to me by the seller due to the bad weather around New York, so I requested a refund instead. They agreed to a refund and sent me a return label. Shipped it out on 1/5 and it didn’t get delivered by USPS until 1/20. I reached out to the seller about the delivery and when I could expect a refund. All I got was a canned message, “we value your I inquiry and will respond within 24-48 hrs”. Gave it 3 days and still no response. Reached out to Amazon and they told me to contact them if there was no response or refund by 1/25 per their refund policy. Checked email and my Amazon account this morning and still nothing. Amazon manually issued a refund to me as agreed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato