DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How visible are the props when tilting up?

skyeboysteve

Reactions
I'm definitely interested in getting the Mavic at some point--mostly for its portability. However, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how it compares to the P3/P4 when it comes to looking up (with the camera tilt) and seeing blades in the frame?

I'm planning to film a hospital complex that has cantilevered buildings where one of the buildings looks like it's been stacked on a couple others--providing large soffits (and tunnel) a few stories off the ground. The company I'm filming for manufactured and installed a large percentage of their work on the underside of these soffits that span the full width of the building. I've been thinking of getting the Mavic for this purpose, as I assume the props won't get in the frame as much when looking up at the soffit above; while flying underneath.

I've also been thinking perhaps I should spend my money on a Phantom 4 Pro instead--since I'll be getting a much better camera, and getting props in the frame is probably going to be something I can't escape entirely with the Mavic anyway.

Can anyone with experience with Mavics give me an idea about how visible the props are when tilting the gimble up all the way?

Reactions: eaglesnest
For an upward shot I might engage in DJI heresy and affix a separate action camera to the top of the shell. No gimbal stabilization but a lot better upward inspection visibility.

I have tried it on tripod mode - through the eyes of a walking dog =)
If there is no wind and you don't full tilt fwd on the +30 degrees (upskirt) angle, you can only see just the left tip of the props.
You can always fly backwards to completely avoid the props from appearing.

Reactions: skyeboysteve

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803