DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy! New MA owner here...

pvs

Reactions
My name is Paul, and I'm happy to finally register here. Looking for a new hobby in retirement, and a past photography enthusiast, I am intrigued by the drone videos I've seen. I decided to give this a shot. Bought myself a new Mavic Air a couple of weeks ago, and I've been anonymously reading various forums, checking out some videos on FAA107 preparation and basic skills, and going through the manuals to get familiar with my new toy.

I am a bit upset, learning that my "First-In-Flight" state (NC) really puts a lot of barriers up against this hobby, and it's going to be tough to find places nearby to fly my craft. So I also bought another CHEAP drone that weighs only 6oz, so I can at least learn the basics here at home without ruffling any feathers, and maybe get my startup bumps and crashes out of the way without hurting my main bird.

FWIW it looks like I might have a bit more luck finding legal places to fly in neighboring SC when the weather gets better.

I've already registered with the FAA, and identified both of my craft (yeah, even the 6 ounce one) with my numbers. So far, I have only briefly flown both of them (not at once) indoors. Wow, the MA is SO sweet, compared to the cheap one. You definitely get what you pay for, eh? But I think having the cheap one without all the stabilization will make me learn actual FLYING better, so maybe I'll be more prepared when things go wrong.

Anyway, I WILL have questions, and I hope to be able to lean on you folks a bit in the future.

So, see ya 'round, everyone!!!

Welcome to the Forum Paul ... Good luck finding flying sites - have fun and fly safe.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

My name is Paul, and I'm happy to finally register here. Looking for a new hobby in retirement, and a past photography enthusiast, I am intrigued by the drone videos I've seen. I decided to give this a shot. Bought myself a new Mavic Air a couple of weeks ago, and I've been anonymously reading various forums, checking out some videos on FAA107 preparation and basic skills, and going through the manuals to get familiar with my new toy.

I am a bit upset, learning that my "First-In-Flight" state (NC) really puts a lot of barriers up against this hobby, and it's going to be tough to find places nearby to fly my craft. So I also bought another CHEAP drone that weighs only 6oz, so I can at least learn the basics here at home without ruffling any feathers, and maybe get my startup bumps and crashes out of the way without hurting my main bird.

FWIW it looks like I might have a bit more luck finding legal places to fly in neighboring SC when the weather gets better.

I've already registered with the FAA, and identified both of my craft (yeah, even the 6 ounce one) with my numbers. So far, I have only briefly flown both of them (not at once) indoors. Wow, the MA is SO sweet, compared to the cheap one. You definitely get what you pay for, eh? But I think having the cheap one without all the stabilization will make me learn actual FLYING better, so maybe I'll be more prepared when things go wrong.

Anyway, I WILL have questions, and I hope to be able to lean on you folks a bit in the future.

Howdy from Wyoming @pvs , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks all for the kind "welcomes". I've been perusing parts of the forum I had not seen before, and yes, there's a wealth of great info here. So happy I finally JOINED.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to a great site and a great hobby .
I read your reply to me on my pilot check and sent you a message . I am also in WNC , near Brevard . I will help you with anything I can .
I have some good fly areas , also I have quite a bit of room right outside by back door .
Again welcome and enjoy that Air , I have the Air , Mavic Pro and the new Mavic 2 Pro , life is good .
Mike

Reactions: pvs

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22