DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy

Mike6158

Random Pixel Generator
Reactions
A friend told me about the Mavic Mini so I looked it up on Amazon. I was "only" going to look at it and not buy a drone. I fly "real" airplanes... how much fun can flying a drone be? Sooo... it arrived a few days ago and the wind was blowing about 20G25 knots so the drone stayed inside. No big deal... how much fun can it be anyway... I charged the batteries and turned everything on, it's not going to be fun and I was just looking, then I connected to the app, and started getting familiar with the app. Then I thought, I may as well start it up and see how that goes because it's not going to be fun... Then I thought, I wonder how well it will hover in the house ?. Well that's fun... I wonder if I can fly it around and not destroy it... more fun. The following day the wind was calm so I took it outside and flew it up and down the driveway... even more fun. Hmmm... I wonder if I can use it to inspect the roof of my very old barn? Yup. I wonder if I can fly it around the perimeter of my property (13 acres). Yup. Oops... I don't quite know where it is. I wonder if the Home button works? Yup (too frikken cool). Who says flying a drone isn't fun... oh... that was me. I was wrong...

One thing the has me a little concerned... somehow ? "it" ordered a Mavic 2 Pro. I guess it needed someone to talk to ?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thank you and will do. I've been researching allowed airspace and I'm a little disappointed in seeing all of the red. I get it, people go to National Parks and Monuments get away but man... there's a lot of red on the map. I took the test for the license add on (to my PPL). I need to find a CFI / CFII to finish the process. I don't know if I'll pursue the commercial side of flying a drone but it was an easy enough test.

"I had the idea" to stitch photos together and make a map of my property. Then I found out that's already been done :) at the commercial level. I don't think I'd go to that point. So far all I've found are apps with recurring fees. I haven't been looking long though.

Welcome aboard, have some fun.

Thank you. So far that has been easy

welcome @Mike6158 , what kind of planes do you fly? My retirement dream is a pilots license and a bush plane

welcome @Mike6158 , what kind of planes do you fly? My retirement dream is a pilots license and a bush plane

At this time I rent a 1960 C172 when I'm in Farmington, NM. It's a bare bones, old school airplane that's a blast to fly but not that great for travelling. When I'm home (TX) I rent a little newer C172 based out of PKV. I hope to own a C182 soon. Soon is = within a few years.

welcome to the forum ,not only is it fun its also addictive

It sure is

A bit late getting here, but wanted to welcome you to the forum! Enjoy! Plenty of fine knowledgeable members here to help! :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Mike6158
Thanks I’m sure I’ll be asking for help soon.
A friend told me about the Mavic Mini so I looked it up on Amazon. I was "only" going to look at it and not buy a drone. I fly "real" airplanes... how much fun can flying a drone be? Sooo... it arrived a few days ago and the wind was blowing about 20G25 knots so the drone stayed inside. No big deal... how much fun can it be anyway... I charged the batteries and turned everything on, it's not going to be fun and I was just looking, then I connected to the app, and started getting familiar with the app. Then I thought, I may as well start it up and see how that goes because it's not going to be fun... Then I thought, I wonder how well it will hover in the house ?. Well that's fun... I wonder if I can fly it around and not destroy it... more fun. The following day the wind was calm so I took it outside and flew it up and down the driveway... even more fun. Hmmm... I wonder if I can use it to inspect the roof of my very old barn? Yup. I wonder if I can fly it around the perimeter of my property (13 acres). Yup. Oops... I don't quite know where it is. I wonder if the Home button works? Yup (too frikken cool). Who says flying a drone isn't fun... oh... that was me. I was wrong...

One thing the has me a little concerned... somehow ? "it" ordered a Mavic 2 Pro. I guess it needed someone to talk to ?
Enjoy and welcome!

Haha! Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini AND M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ