DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei getting very bad press today January 10

daisy-girl

Reactions
Headlines:
AT&T drops plans to carry Huawei smartphones after concerns raised over Chinese spying

Following AT&T’s lead, Verizon reportedly plans to cancel deal with Huawei

Here are some of the Comments:

Jim 11 hr ago
"Excellent! Huawei was proven to have hacked into Northern Telecom to steal their internet technology. Huawei is banned from providing central phone equipment in the US and many other countries because of their Chinese government hacking activities and theft. Ban Huawei from consumer sales!! Anyone would have to be a fool to buy this Chinese spy equipment and cheap imitation of American designs. Never trust the Chinese"

Kim 1 day ago
"If At&t ever go for this deal I will not use them as a carrier any longer. Anything from these companies should be illegal since they are engineering knock offs from Apple using the same parts from the same manufacturers. If I try to make and sell these phones state side Apply would destroy me."

Karan 13 hr ago
"Tests in India a few years proved that Huawei and ZTE were transmitting user/subscriber data back to nodes owned by these companies. This was not just standard usage data. Since then, Indian intelligence services have consistently recommended carriers to discourage the usage of devices made by Chinese manufacturers. Carriers are of course free to not act on that advice but Chinese telecom manufacturers are routinely disqualified from government-funded projects due to endemic security concerns which are not unreasonable. No such restriction exists on Western or Indian manufacturers even if they manufacture devices from China because they try to ensure malicious components are not loaded on device software and hardware. I see nothing wrong with the US doing the same thing."

Denis 10 hr ago
"Americans are so insecure and get so jealous about China's success. This is not about technology but everything is about politics. Americans love to play dirty politics with China. This is how Americans feel good about themselves and maintain their world domination position (at least they think they are) by putting down others or not accepting the success of others. I think they are making fool out themselves."

Jing 20 hr ago
"Huawei phone basically conquered lots of western european market, much better technology, better pricing and highly reliable."

Gaspard 13 hr ago
"Protectionism is a loser's game. Soon the US will be totally isolated in the world just as the old Soviet Union had been; how Russia is today. The US will have become just another rogue nation--like Russia--with a lot of firepower and nothing else to offer. China is the real world's leader now"

Rick 1 day ago
"Too bad, it is an American loss, not able to use one of the best cell phones known to the world."

But, But ........wonderphone..........

IMG_5623.gif

mostly marketing data is shared, but there is encrypted data sent to some central data centers that shows up on some drones but not others from my research. you can use an application similar to wireshark (its free) to intercept and analyze packet data to see just how far the rabbit hole goes on your drone

Wow, a company from a neo-totalitarian party-state spying on everone using their products , who'd have guessed it :D

Next they'll be telling us bears defecate in the woods ;):)

Reactions: Tbredhed
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato