DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei MediaPad M3 Users?

TCRay

Reactions
I have read some good reviews online regarding the Huawei MediaPad M3. CNET rates it high, and some independent testers rates its speed above the iPad Mini 4 and some other tablets.

Is anyone using it for their screen? If so, do you have any lag time or distortion of video feed? Are you pleased with it overall?

Thanks!

iPad Mini 4 single core: 1660 Multicore: 2842
Huawei M3 single core: 1683 Multicore: 5133

So, it's definitely faster in multicore processing and the difference in single-core processing is insignificant, but it's more important to know if the DJI app is optimized to utilize the multicore processing. Either way, you should not see any lag.

It's also a 1/2" wider too so you will probably need a mount too, but I'm not positive so you may want to ask someone if it fits without using a mount. Of course if you use a mount then it doesn't matter.

what is the price of it? only thing that is seems is that with android one month they work great then a new updated comes out then people have problems :(

I have a mediapad m3 on order..arriving tomorrow. ill post an update to let everyone know if it works or not. I emailed litchi support on an android tablet that works. they recommended the mediapad m3. everything else was phones of course. the mini 4 should work for a while but it is over 3 years old in technology. the m3 has better specs. I have an ipad pro 9.7 works perfectly of course but its way too big and cost $600. too much money to be using for fun outside. the M3 was $225 on ebay.

just to let people know. i am using a Huawei Media Pad M3. 4 gig ram. insroduced middle of 2016. so actually newer than an Ipad mini 4.
just got it yesterday. the screen resolution is stunning. touch response is instant. im using with my mavic pro 2. No lag. you can fly by video. im using the cable plugged into the side of the controller. not the usb port. bottom line is the media pad m5 is not necessary for using as a controller FPV. bought mine from EBAY ...NEW.... for around $237. USD took about 9 days to get it. ships from new York. im on east coast. this tablet was actually recommended by Litchi as one that works with their app.

I've been flying with the M3 since a year ago and more recently have been using their M5.
Both are outstanding flying tablets (I can't see any practical difference for flying).
They run DJI Go 4 flawlessly, have great screens, loud speakers, boots up very quickly and needs no messing around to configure it properly.
Perhaps other tablets are as good but none would be better for flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ