DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei MediaPad M5 lite

britdub

Reactions
Anyone using theMediabPad M5
It's not a bad price atm

I use the M3, it is more than powerful enough. The m5 Lite is similar, with 3 or 4 GB RAM and Octa Core 4x2.2 GHz processor. My M3 has 4x2.3 GHz. So the M5 Lite should work just fine. The Mediapad M-series are high quality tablets.

Reactions: britdub and Meta4
Hope you ordered the 10"version of Huawai MediaPAd M5 Lite, because the 8" version does not have compass inside....The 10"version works perfect-very fast and smooth...

Hope you ordered the 10"version of Huawai MediaPAd M5 Lite, because the 8" version does not have compass inside....
There is no need for compass in the device, it will not affect flying or navigation at all.. The drone uses only the onboard compass.

There is no need for compass in the device, it will not affect flying or navigation at all.. The drone uses only the onboard compass.

I believe the compass allows you to view your orientation with respect to the drone.

You are correct it doesn’t affect the flight.

Reactions: britdub
I believe the compass allows you to view your orientation with respect to the drone.
Yes, but that does not affect the radar display. The orientation of the red triangle shows where the drone is realtive to the home point. This information comes from the drone's compass. I have never had any use for the compass in my phone/tablet.

I didn't said that the flight is impossible, but this one in the picture will not work...compass.jpg

I use the ipad mini 5 and the orientation compass is never accurate no matter how many times I calibrate it. I should sell the stupid mini 5 and buy the Huawei M5 8 inch. I hate ios.

I use the ipad mini 5 and the orientation compass is never accurate no matter how many times I calibrate it. I should sell the stupid mini 5 and buy the Huawei M5 8 inch. I hate ios.
I have the M3 8 (8-inch), it is more than big enough. It works 100 percent perfect with the Mavic 2, and I don't even know if it has a compass. 10-inch is too big in my opinion.

Reactions: britdub
Not trying to derail the thread any further, I will say that the only truly great feature of the mini 5 is that the screen recorder is baked-in the OS and it works flawlessly. That is something I wish android would do.

I've gone for the 8inch weather permitting I'll try it tomorrow, not worried about the compass I've flown plenty of DJI drones without it

Anyone using theMediabPad M5
It's not a bad price atm

I use the Huawei MediaPad M5 10" and really does work great. The screen brightness has been good as well. Highly recommend it!

I have the M3 8 (8-inch), it is more than big enough. It works 100 percent perfect with the Mavic 2, and I don't even know if it has a compass. 10-inch is too big in my opinion.
I use the Mini 5 along with the Garmin Glo 2 and the orientation works flawlessly.

I use the Huawei MediaPad M5 10" and really does work great. The screen brightness has been good as well. Highly recommend it!
I bought the Huawei M5 lite 10.1" 64GB, 4GB RAM. Installed goFly from PlayStore np. Picture is lagging and pixelated. Any suggestions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters