DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei P10+ or OnePlus 5T/5

Patricie

Reactions
Hi guys,
I´m about to buy a new phone for my Mavic, cause my old Samsung A3 does not work with it. I was thinking about Huawei P10+ or OnePlus 5T or just 5. Each has a good 6GB RAM (or even 8GB with the OnePlus) which I think should be enough..but I´m really scared it won´t work with the drone.
Does anyone have experience with one of these phones ? Or could you recommend something ?

Thank you !

Reactions: pixl
Hi guys,
I´m about to buy a new phone for my Mavic, cause my old Samsung A3 does not work with it. I was thinking about Huawei P10+ or OnePlus 5T or just 5. Each has a good 6GB RAM (or even 8GB with the OnePlus) which I think should be enough..but I´m really scared it won´t work with the drone.
Does anyone have experience with one of these phones ? Or could you recommend something ?

Thank you !
I have the OnePlus 3, which works fine for me. I'm not sure about the OnePlus 5T.

I've had a chance to play with the Huawei P10+, and though I never used it with the Mavic, I think it's a superior phone for one reason: expandable storage. And it's also supported by DJI. Get that one :)

Hi guys,

Thank you !

Woa! $600 for a dedicated Mavic phone? It's good to be rich! :D

Wunderphone (Huawei Ascend XT2) for $89 (was $49) or Elate for $65 are totally sufficient for flying Mavic, lots of happy registered WP users here, and unknown number of happy unregistered lurkers. HIGHLY recommended!

Reactions: Gibcraft
Woa! $600 for a dedicated Mavic phone? It's good to be rich! :D

Wunderphone (Huawei Ascend XT2) for $89 (was $49) or Elate for $65 are totally sufficient for flying Mavic, lots of happy registered WP users here, and unknown number of happy unregistered lurkers. HIGHLY recommended!
Who said anything about "dedicated"?

I have a P10 plus (6Gig ROM) and tried it with the Mavic. I actually have a dedicated iPad Mini2 but thought I would give the phone a blast as it has plenty of grunt.
In my three test flights I noticed a tiny bit of lag (none noticeable with the iPad)
I had problems connecting on two of those tests.
The screen is super bright outside when running Go4. Much brighter than the iPad.
However, in my case I feel more confident with the iPad as I have not had any issues in 12 months of using it with the Mavic and I fly over our harbour and beaches often. I need that confidence.
Not saying the P10 will lock up or crash the app, just with that tiny bit of lag it was quite noticeable to me when I'm used to none.
I think I'll try it more just to give it a chance to prove itself either way, in safer environments.
As a phone/camera though, I love the P10!

Reactions: Daptone
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used phones/tablets here.
Recent changes in the Go4 app have caused it to crash on many of the older devices listed here. Updates in the operating system of these devices can cause them to fail with this app as well. Perhaps we need an updated list or minimum processor/memory required.

Recent changes in the Go4 app have caused it to crash on many of the older devices listed here.
Which devices are you referring to?

Perhaps we need an updated list or minimum processor/memory required.
Unfortunately, there isn't a minimum processor/memory requirement that is guaranteed to work on any mobile device that meets those specs. That's why I maintain this list of mobile devices. It was compiled using recommendations from pilots who use those mobile devices.

Which devices are you referring to?

Unfortunately, there isn't a minimum processor/memory requirement that is guaranteed to work on any mobile device that meets those specs. That's why I maintain this list of mobile devices. It was compiled using recommendations from pilots who use those mobile devices.
As an example my Nexus 7 (2013) crashes with the latest app but runs fine on the previous version. Same with my Huawei Ascend XT2. Lots of users have reported problems with other devices as well.

As an example my Nexus 7 (2013) crashes with the latest app but runs fine on the previous version. Same with my Huawei Ascend XT2. Lots of users have reported problems with other devices as well.
Right. But, that doesn't mean those devices are incompatible. It seems to be an issue with DJI GO 4.1.18.

FYI, if you need good advice on installing DJI GO on Android tablets and phones (so it runs well), check out this guide.

Right. But, that doesn't mean those devices are incompatible. It seems to be an issue with DJI GO 4.1.18.

FYI, if you need good advice on installing DJI GO on Android tablets and phones (so it runs well), check out this guide.
I can only imagine the app getting more demanding over time and yes, I have done all of those things in the guide.

I have done all of those things in the guide.
Awesome! You should be all set then.

I can only imagine the app getting more demanding over time and yes
Is the app too demanding? Or is there a bug in 4.1.18 that is causing problems on some devices? I'm assuming you don't know.

Awesome! You should be all set then.

Is the app too demanding? Or is there a bug in 4.1.18 that is causing problems on some devices? I'm assuming you don't know.
Yes, as long as I stay on earlier Go4 app version. The only thing I am missing is the Pano modes and there is an easy work around for that. I can only assume that the app is too demanding since it appears to work on devices with faster processors and more memory.

I can only assume that the app is too demanding since it appears to work on devices with faster processors and more memory.
It's hard to say.

The current iOS version of DJI GO crashes on nearly all Apple devices (even the iPhone X) when running iOS 11.1.*.

Does that also mean all of those Apple devices are not compatible and should be removed from my list?

Who said anything about "dedicated"?

I´m about to buy a new phone for my Mavic

"new phone *for* my Mavic", no mention of general use. Can be interpreted as "dedicated".

Regardless of the OP's intention, a little nudge in the right direction can go long way. Many people don't realize they don't need a top-spec'ed "flagship" to fly Mavic.

Reactions: Daptone and Scobo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair