DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hudson Valley NY

Sparky74

Reactions
Hello. Rob here from Orange County, NY. After much reading and many hours of watching videos I have made the choice to get the mavic mini as my first drone.
It will be for fun/recreation.
I have past experience with all kinds of RC models but drones are a new thing for me.
I will have it this coming week and in the meantime continue to watch and read as much as I can to be a step up when it arrives.

Welcome!

I came back to the hobby after a 2 year break and choose the MM. I haven't regretted it, its a great little drone. Go through the manual as mentioned, have a look around the forum and prepare for the great experience of flying a drone!

UAV forecast app is your ally against the wind. The MM is lightweight compared to other drones and more prone to flyaways. As long as you always keep that in mind you ll be fine.

Welcome!

I came back to the hobby after a 2 year break and choose the MM. I haven't regretted it, its a great little drone. Go through the manual as mentioned, have a look around the forum and prepare for the great experience of flying a drone!

UAV forecast app is your ally against the wind. The MM is lightweight compared to other drones and more prone to flyaways. As long as you always keep that in mind you ll be fine.
Thanks for the heads up on the forecast app. Much appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you have any questions about your Mini.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

@Sparky74 - Welcome to the forums
Another couple of apps you may want to get are Airmap and/or Kittyhawk. They will show you if the area you are flying in is restricted air space.
A lot of the area from the Hudson all the way out to RT 208 is in controlled airspace due to SWF

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have enjoyed many flights. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Was on call for work this weekend which involved long drives to and from the destination. Took advantage of that time to listen to many YouTube videos about the mini, flying rules, and all the new regulations in the works which seem to be promoting the commercial aspect and diminishing the hobby if I heard correctly.
The mini is being delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to doing much practice flying.
I’m in fairly close proximity to an airport. Kittyhawk shows me on the first green line outside the yellow. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions this week.
Thank you all for the warm welcomes and early advice. I’ve been using the search to death to look up tons of information.

Hey Sparkey, my old stomping grounds. Spent lots of time around THE trestle! The 70‘s. Partying, hunting, throwing gliders off it, tobogganing, driving all over and up and down the hills through the trestle, on frozen ground. Never littered! Back in the day, freedom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie