DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Humpback Whales

Fergy

Reactions
The Whale migration season is coming to an end and I had missed opportunities to capture these beautiful animals, but luck was with me a few days ago and I was lucky enough to video this mother and calf and the odd dolphin.

Great video,
Humpbacks are awesome. We saw a group of them once diving down together. Blowing bubbles to bring the food to the top and and surfacing verically with there mouths wide open.

Reactions: Fergy
Beautiful video. Where taken and did you launch from land or a boat?

It was taken off one of my local beaches here in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. I launched from land and out about 2 klms to the Whales.

Reactions: wallstreet
The Whale migration season is coming to an end and I had missed opportunities to capture these beautiful animals, but luck was with me a few days ago and I was lucky enough to video this mother and calf and the odd dolphin.
Amazing!!! I thought that the whale is dying 1.15 to 1.50! He was laying on his back and that looked scary for me! :rolleyes:
Very interesting shots and uniqueThumbswayupThumbswayup
cheers Paul

Reactions: Bernard and Fergy
How very cool - awesome video - mother and child out for a swim - would love to have been there - thanks for sharing your video.

What an incredible video. Rare beauty.
And also what a courage to fly 2 km out to sea.
I'd be sweating buckets if I could return and keep my Mavic safe.

It doesn't look like they're migrating...it looks like they're being hams for the camera ?

• Haha
Reactions: monteolsen1

Beautiful and dolphins, too!

Beautiful, what a great opportunity for you. I wish you would have went up or turned toward shore to get a perspective of the surroundings.
(We are never satisfied are we, seems like we always want more.)

Beautiful, what a great opportunity for you. I wish you would have went up or turned toward shore to get a perspective of the surroundings.
(We are never satisfied are we, seems like we always want more.)
Yes I should have, I normally do show myself heading back to my start off point but on this occasion I was so engrossed with the whales.

Yes I added the sound, I searched and found on Google.
Well you synced it very well. Right place right time. ??

Awesome!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest