DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huntsville AL & Mavic 2

Have you looked at your data files that are sent down from the drone and recorded on the tablet/phone?

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome RedBird!! I've had a Phantom Standard over 3 yrs and never intended to be anything other than a hobbyist pilot. Several months ago, the company I work for informed us that they had a budget to see what we could do with drones. I work for an electric Co-op and thought it would be fun and very interesting to be on board to see where their program goes. Had to get my 107 which I passed last week. With that said, and to answer your question, the Phantom did fine with an android pad. The new Mavic 2 wasn't a go with the android pad and neither was my android phone for some reason. I dislike flying with a phone so, I purchased an ipad mini.

I travel to Hunstville every other year taking students to the Advanced Space Camp. Have always wanted to bring my drone along, but it just looks to hard in the U.S.

You being a previous DJI owner, your not new to the hobby. I owned a Mavic Air before purchasing the Mavic 2 Pro. I really like the Mavic Air, the Mavic 2 Pro was an upgrade. Hated to sell the Mavic Air but did not net 2 drones.

Fantastic on passing your 107 test. I've been slowly studying for it. Nothing driving me like to get it quick like in your case. It will be interesting on how your company uses the technology and how you can get involved.

I'm flying with a iPad Pro 10.5". Considered the iPad mini since it would just fit in the controller handles. The larger screen is what I went for and it will still fit in one of the external holders.

Have you tried to download your Mavic 2 flight logs? For some reason, I'm not recording the larger *.DAT files. I'm recording the *.TXT files just fine. Others I've communicated with here are able to record the larger *.DAT files.

I travel to Hunstville every other year taking students to the Advanced Space Camp. Have always wanted to bring my drone along, but it just looks to hard in the U.S.

Its getting more restrictive (understandably in most cases) but there are still plenty of places you can fly.

I was at the Space and Rocket Center Marriott Hotel Thursday for all day training. Its just cool to walk to the pool area and see those huge Rockets and the Space Shuttle.

If you have time to take a look, I'd like to know your system is recording all the data that is available on your iPad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851