DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hype lapse waypoint mission in a wooded environment stalls due to obstacle avoidance system

jhatfield

Reactions
Greetings,

I've been trying to control my dji Mini 3 Pro (dji RC) on a local disc golf course, using the hype lapse waypoint mission method. Each time I try my drone stops due to it's obstacle avoidance system. I thought I would be able to turn off the sensors, but have not figured out how, or if I can. Anybody know how to deal with this situation? As shown here in my video, it is daring venture working the joy sticks myself with the rise, drop in elevation changes, as well as the tight turns involved. Any advice would be most appreciative.

Flight attempt without waypoints Link video.

DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC)
App version: 1.8.0
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0400
RC Firmware: 01.02.0100

Thanks,

Jerry H

@jhatfield not really sure why you would use hyper lapse ,to fly amongst trees, not i believe,what it is intended for ,have you downloaded the manual for the drone from the DJI site
that explains what the different auto missions do
there are three choices of obstacle avoidance to choose from Bypass which allows the drone to avoid obstacles by either flying around them, or over them, the second one causes the drone to stop and hover when it senses an obstacle ,and finally off ,which means that it will just fly into an obstacle these choices can be selected in the menus in the fly app screen ,i think you need to watch some videos on the internet to understand better how your drone works ,or even for that matter DJI themselves have tutorial videos explaining the different things the drone can do

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji