DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse > Circle: how to ensure the drone makes a complete 360 degree circle?

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
In Hyperlapse > Circle, is there a way to set the recording info (video length, number of photos, etc) to ensure that the drone makes a complete 360 degree circle? Or is it just trial and error...? I've only tried this two times but each time it made only an arc, not a complete circle around the subject.

I use the settings it has up but do 30 sec and you have to experiment with the distance from your point of interest then pan up or do whatever . So pretty much trial and error .The only one I did was at an intersection and not sure now but was maybe 150' from the center .Not much help but is what I did .
Even if you have it at 30 when you stop it will still process however long it took .

Reactions: Thomas B
I've never tried Hyoerlapse->Circle yet. With the other modes, you specify the interval time and video duration. It'll calculate the actual flight time. With a circle, you'll have to do the maths backwards. Use radius and speed of the drone to calculate the time to complete the circle. Then either adjust the interval time and/or video duration to match them.
Also, if you go in the map view, it should show the end of the flight path in blue. Again, adjust the interval time/video duration until it completes a circle.

Reactions: mamamia
I checked yesterday and it turns out it doesn't draw the blue flight path when in Hyperlapse - Circle mode. However, on the map view, it does display a shaded circle of the POI it's circling. So you kinda have to calculate the expected flight duration. However, if you are watching it on the map view, and think it's going to come up short, on the hyperlapse control area, on the right side, there's little button with a '+' sign. (sorry I dont have a screenshot). Tap on it and it'll add a few more seconds to the flight time. Just use that until it does a complete circle.

Reactions: Thomas B
I checked yesterday and it turns out it doesn't draw the blue flight path when in Hyperlapse - Circle mode. However, on the map view, it does display a shaded circle of the POI it's circling. So you kinda have to calculate the expected flight duration. However, if you are watching it on the map view, and think it's going to come up short, on the hyperlapse control area, on the right side, there's little button with a '+' sign. (sorry I dont have a screenshot). Tap on it and it'll add a few more seconds to the flight time. Just use that until it does a complete circle.
Thanks everyone for your replies. Ah...now I know what that "+" sign means!

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus