DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse Course Lock: Selecting Target / POI

Not A Speck Of Cereal

Reactions
Documentation from DJI has always been lacking. This time, it's entirely frustrating.

The manual states under Course Lock (pg 24), after setting interval, duration, and course (direction): "Select a subject (if applicable)"

HOW? I tried tapping the screen, but saw no indications. Do I just point the aircraft at the subject before hitting GO?

The paragraph above those steps (in the manual) suggests there are two Course Locks, one where "a subject cannot be selected" and one where "the aircraft flies around a selected object".

"Around a selected object"? Course lock is supposed to go in a straight line and this is not Circle, so perhaps "Around" is a poor choice of words?

Also, if there is a method where "a subject cannot be selected", how does one toggle between the two kinds? Because I seem to be stuck on the kind with selecting a subject to "follow" is forbidden.

Just to be clear: my expectation for a "selecting a target" type of Course Lock is that the aircraft would travel in a straight line as initially selected, but the aircraft orientation would remain pointed at the selected subject.

Thanks, Chris

Thanks, that makes it crystal clear. I actually looked up some videos on my phone out in the field and none of them covered that. I also found a couple of descriptions in articles that mentioned selecting a target, but never mentioned how.

The DJI documentation should make this clear with EACH use of the word "select" in the manual (it's a reference guide -- don't assume a reader is going to go through the manual cover to cover each time they want to look up a single feature).

For instance, the Course lock step #3 should read

"3. Select (touch and drag finger) a subject if applicable."

Chris

PS: it's weird how such a large, world-class organization like DJI would not have a good documentation team (if they have one at all -- this stuff could all be written by people who don't have "writer" in their job description).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme