DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse Pro Exposure Change Randomly Works

DroneSketcher

Reactions
Trying a hyperlapse with the pro exposure
With a 2 second interval

When trying to change the ISO or Shutter speed during the hyperlapse the changes seem to only work occasionally
It's as if you need to make the change at the exact right spot within those 2 seconds

Anyone else notice this?

I have never tried that because I thought it would make the change too abrupt but I can understand how it would be desirable and I will look at that issue myself. What I would like would be a setting to allow a change of exposure that happened gradually. While flying and video taping I would much prefer for the exposure to gradually shift from one exposure to the next. I'm not sure how that could be pulled off technically but I would think it would be possible in some manner.

I have never tried that because I thought it would make the change too abrupt but I can understand how it would be desirable and I will look at that issue myself. What I would like would be a setting to allow a change of exposure that happened gradually. While flying and video taping I would much prefer for the exposure to gradually shift from one exposure to the next. I'm not sure how that could be pulled off technically but I would think it would be possible in some manner.
I hope to use LRTimelapse to smooth out the exposure (still learning that part)
I'll try using a 3 second interval tonight for the full moonrise to see if that makes the exposure changes more responsive.

I popped over to the LRTimelapse (which I had never heard of) and saw a bullet point where it said, "Supports any camera that is supported by Lightroom." If that means LR needs to have the camera listed with a lens correction profile then we'd be out of luck. None of the new cameras are listed by LR as supported in my current version of LR Classic. Of course a jpg is a jpg but I don't now what LRTimelapse needs in terms of LR having a "supported" camera. Do you?

I popped over to the LRTimelapse (which I had never heard of) and saw a bullet point where it said, "Supports any camera that is supported by Lightroom." If that means LR needs to have the camera listed with a lens correction profile then we'd be out of luck. None of the new cameras are listed by LR as supported in my current version of LR Classic. Of course a jpg is a jpg but I don't now what LRTimelapse needs in terms of LR having a "supported" camera. Do you?
I don't do the lens correction adjustment. I believe DJI has not released a lens profile to be used in Lightroom for several versions now. All the other adjustments seem to work fine in Lightroom.

The LRTimelapse workflow for smoothing (brightness & flicker) using the series of time lapse images created by the Mini 3 pro seems to be working as expected so far.

A second test confirms
The faster the interval the more random the response to exposure changes

2 seconds - Exposure changes sometimes work
8+ seconds - Exposure changes always work

I'll also post on the DJI forum to see if they respond

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member