DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse problems

Generalsafe

Reactions
Everytime I do a sunset hyperlapse something goes wrong and every couple of seconds the image turns darker, depending on the length of the hyperlapse it can happen a few times per hyperlapse. I will try to upload an example so you can see for yourself and help me fix this. I have all setting on manual, iso, shutter and even WB. Any clues on what's causing this?

Seems like I can't upload video format in this forum... Has anyone had this similar problem? Happened everytime I film the sunset

This is the example... You can clearly see a change in light at second 10 and 15, why is this happening? Seems like something so simple but ruins all my hyperlapse footage... Please help!

Reactions: ff22
Are u in ‘auto’ mode while filming?
Im just a beginner.
If u are not , then have to let the other expert point out the possible issue..
good luck!

Btw very nice footage, i view it 4 times.
Guess it can be even better without that issue

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me because your camera settings are set on manual, the overall exposure for each of the still images taken during the hyper lapse interval are becoming underexposed as the overall amount of light in the scene is reduced as the sun goes down.

I would try turning off Auto ISO, set it to 100 or as low as possible. Set WB to daylight. Properly expose your scene/shots in Aperture priority as you like. The camera will then adjust just the shutter speed throughout the hyperlapse to maintain proper exposure as the light level drops.

Hope this helps...….BTW...That was a nice day for a cool hyperlapse video.

Reactions: Jamgar
I'm not an expert, but it looks to me because your camera settings are set on manual, the overall exposure for each of the still images taken during the hyper lapse interval are becoming underexposed as the overall amount of light in the scene is reduced as the sun goes down.

I would try turning off Auto ISO, set it to 100 or as low as possible. Set WB to daylight. Properly expose your scene/shots in Aperture priority as you like. The camera will then adjust just the shutter speed throughout the hyperlapse to maintain proper exposure as the light level drops.

Hope this helps...….BTW...That was a nice day for a cool hyperlapse video.
Thanks for the advice, I really like the settings I use with very fast shutter speeds but I don't understand why it's happening, anyone with a mavic zoom can tell me if this is happening too?

This is the example... You can clearly see a change in light at second 10 and 15, why is this happening? Seems like something so simple but ruins all my hyperlapse footage... Please help!

Hopefully, a Hyperlapse expert will drop in. While it might be time-consuming, since a hyperlapse is merely the drone compiling individual pictures into a video, you could post-process the errant ones and maybe smooth out the light change. But in Manual mode, I presume that the sun/light has changed between the images before 10/15 seconds and the next batch of, again, individual pictures, I wonder if some Auto would smooth the reaction when the light changes.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find anything suitable for a hyperlapse series with my Zoom. I did try one or two and nothing happened except maybe a branch shifted in a breeze. Our clouds in Seattle are a uniform gray mass! (g)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa