DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse sunset over Honeymoon Island

passedpawn

Reactions
I feel like I need to get started earlier, and let it go longer. But this is ver 40 minutes of flight time. Not sure how to handle Florida sunsets. (many clouds obsuring anyway, not ideal night for it).

Somewhere near the middle, you'll see a little shift. That's where I brought down the Enterprise and reloaded the photon torpedos.

Over exposed in the beginning - I did not watch to the end. You want to change your exposure setting so that it is under exposed, start with -1 and see how that looks. Adjust as the sun continues to go down. Sunsets pop and the colors will be more sunsetty when you under expose. Just some tips from an old photog ;)

Over exposed in the beginning - I did not watch to the end. You want to change your exposure setting so that it is under exposed, start with -1 and see how that looks. Adjust as the sun continues to go down. Sunsets pop and the colors will be more sunsetty when you under expose. Just some tips from an old photog ;)

I know! I tried to change that in my video editor, but wasn't exactly sure how.

I had the exposure +0.7 (unintentionally). I need to pay much closer attention to what the settings are before I hit go. I'm a work in progress :) Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.

You're welcome. Hey I've done the same and overexposed by accident when I rolled the wrong wheel, its difficult to see on a small screen. Then you look at the photos and think "bugger how did I mess that up".
Last night we had the most beautiful sunset over Kissimmee while I was driving home... thinking I should have been at home with the drone. By the time I got home the show was over.

You're welcome. Hey I've done the same and overexposed by accident when I rolled the wrong wheel, its difficult to see on a small screen. Then you look at the photos and think "bugger how did I mess that up".
Last night we had the most beautiful sunset over Kissimmee while I was driving home... thinking I should have been at home with the drone. By the time I got home the show was over.

I just got a new 9.7" ipad - for dedicated use with drone. I'm waiting for the mount for it. That will give me much bigger controls. But the fault is all mine - there are a lot of dials and concerns and I'm just getting used to it.

I get purple and peach sunsets almost every night. The best ones are when there a bunch of puffy clouds forming over it - they show all the colors really well, and the dynamics of the clouds mutating through the timelapse is awesome. At least it will be when I get the dials in the right position.

Reactions: bliksem
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake