DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse tip I missed

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've seen quite a few Hyperlapse tutorial videos and I'm starting to play with it. I just did one with my wide angle lens on my Mavic three and when I was done I said to myself, "that video is all cut off! I had a wider view than that". So I shot something similar without the wide lens and realized there are crop marks that delineate what is being recorded. I did not pick up on that in any of the videos I've seen. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the crop marks are present for both wide and standard lens Hyperlapse videos. Here are the white crop marks toward each corner of the video. I just don't recall this being the case on earlier Hyperlapses. Maybe I'm missing something? (it has happened once before)IMG_7552.jpg

Reactions: eva2000 and Gagey52
It appears to be the difference between iOS and Android...at least between my iPhone and my Tipltek 8. I do not have those markings when shooting with my iPhone. I get what I see on the screen. More experimenting needed.

I see now that my iPhone screen shows more than that which is recorded for the hyperlapse movie but there are no corner marks that indicate exactly what is being recorded as there is on the Tripltek.

I see now that my iPhone screen shows more than that which is recorded for the hyperlapse movie but there are no corner marks that indicate exactly what is being recorded as there is on the Tripltek. I wonder if I can get those markings to show on my iPhone. I'm guessing not. Interesting advantage to the Tripletek.

I've seen quite a few Hyperlapse tutorial videos and I'm starting to play with it. I just did one with my wide angle lens on my Mavic three and when I was done I said to myself, "that video is all cut off! I had a wider view than that". So I shot something similar without the wide lens and realized there are crop marks that delineate what is being recorded. I did not pick up on that in any of the videos I've seen. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the crop marks are present for both wide and standard lens Hyperlapse videos. Here are the white crop marks toward each corner of the video. I just don't recall this being the case on earlier Hyperlapses. Maybe I'm missing something? (it has happened once before)View attachment 151898
you nailed it, what the drone will be producing in the video is gona be in those brackets. It uses the rest of the picture to stabilize. What I tend to do is turn on the option to save each pic its taking which is the full screen then import them all into davinci and then run its stabilization you can get a little more in the over all video playing with it there.

Just beware, with the M3 your taking big pics and A lot of them if you do this so make sure you understand what space you got lol.

you nailed it, what the drone will be producing in the video is gona be in those brackets. It uses the rest of the picture to stabilize. What I tend to do is turn on the option to save each pic its taking which is the full screen then import them all into davinci and then run its stabilization you can get a little more in the over all video playing with it there.

Just beware, with the M3 your taking big pics and A lot of them if you do this so make sure you understand what space you got lol.
24TB plus a few other TB here and there ... backed up to .... another 24TB with a few other little 1 and 2TB drives. I'm good for a few more weeks LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: eva2000
24TB plus a few other TB here and there ... backed up to .... another 24TB with a few other little 1 and 2TB drives. I'm good for a few more weeks LOL.
wowza, you beat me at 16 terabytes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio