DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I’m looking for advice

valdaszxc

Reactions
Hey,
I just bought M2P so i was looking for fly more kit, and i found it . the fly more kit is still factory sealed, person witch is selling want half of price then in store. But what i saw he bought it around 6 months ago. Now i’m wondering can there be any kind of problem with the batteries? Or everything suppose to be okey?

Could be two problems.
1) Depending on where you live the DJI battery warranty may only be six months.
2) Rechargeable batteries should not sit that long without a charge/discharge cycle. I do not know specifically about the M2 batteries but some battery types will not accept a charge if left dormant for too long.

Hopefully, someone with more specific M2 battery knowledge will speak up. Perhaps you can get the seller to charge them and send you a picture/video showing that they accepted the charge.

Reactions: valdaszxc
If it's still factory sealed, there should be no issue. Some of those items would sit on store shelves/warehouses for the same amount of time. As long as it hasn't been sitting in extreme heat/cold.

Don’t the batteries auto discharge after 10 days.
Yes, but that doesn't affect their arrival condition. They come with a slight charge on it, but will need to be charged to 100% before flight.

Yes, but that doesn't affect their arrival condition. They come with a slight charge on it, but will need to be charged to 100% before flight.

Mine came part charged and correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the auto discharge take them down to about 10 or 20 percent which they class as a good storage charge. [emoji106]

The auto discharge takes it down to 60% when over that SoC.
Batteries are shipped at 25% and electronics in shipping hibernation. That's why they don't respond when first received. They need charger to activate them.

That said, 6 months should be OK, but who can be sure. And that's 6 months the seller had it. It may have been manufactured quite some time before the seller received it.

According to the documentation MAVIC 2 INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY SAFETY GUIDELINES, "the battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation."

Also, from the Mavic 2 User manual, "All Intelligent Flight Batteries are in Hibernation mode before shipment to ensure safety. Use the provided AC power adapter to charge and activate Intelligent Flight Batteries for the first time." This suggests that a new, unopened Fly More Combo Package should also have the batteries in hibernation mode.

I also found the quoted text below posted on these forums by a member called "Nigel". I would suggest following his instructions to take the batteries out of hibernation.

"Hibernation mode :

It is important NOT to alter the sequence :
1. Switch on battery - ignore what happens with lights etc.
2. LEAVE IT ALONE for at least 5 minutes.
3. Do NOT touch power button - plug into DJI Charger.
4. LEAVE IT ALONE .. it may be hours before it wakes up ... DON'T TOUCH IT !

You need a DJI charger for this - its only time a specific DJI charger is required in fact ... you cannot use any 3rd party charger ...

The secret is to NOT touch the power button after point 1) ...... if you do ... you need to put battery away for a while - then start again.

There are other ways to wake these batterys up - but DJI would kill me if I passed that on !!

Nigel"

Hope this helps clarify. Also, I notice that both the manual and "Nigel" say to use the AC charger. Not sure if that means the hub should not be used either. To be safe, use just the AC charger rather than the hub that comes with the Fly More Combo package.

Reactions: deleted member 877
I've had no issues putting a new battery on charge using DJI hub and it went to charge within less than a minute. No need to go through all that craziness. After all, it's in hibernation mode. That is, electronics is powered off so button would be operating on a dead circuit.

My last three I only woke them and put them in my AC to see what the shipping SoC/voltage was. Right after that I put them on charge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42