DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I’m not sure this is the best place to ask this question, but it makes sense to me.

JoeDimwit

Reactions
I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro over the weekend, and registered it today with the FAA. I made a couple stickers with my registration number on a label maker, and am trying to decide where to mount them.

The placement that appeals most to me is along the bottom of the body, on the side. My question is this... we are required to put our registration number on the outside of the drone, does that mean it can’t be covered when the arms are folded in? Because the placement I’m thinking of would be covered by the rear arm when it folds in. It’s not that I want to hide the number, but that this placement won’t mess with my OCD as much as just slapping the registration on the top of the drone. I have 2 stickers so that I can put one on the left side and one on the right side.

Edited to fix typo.

Last edited:
Ow required to put our registration number on the outside of the drone, does that mean it can’t be covered when the arms are folded in?
That location would be okay since it's visible when the drone is being used.

That location would be okay since it's visible when the drone is being used.
That’s my thought. But I wasn’t sure if they want it visible when the drone is on the ground too.

Don't forget to put some way to contact you should the worst case happen. Tends to ward off evil spirits (like taking an umbrella because it "might" rain)

On the top across a side in front of the battery would be a good spot too, unless it a tag like they use In the UK where they are required to use fire resistant metal tags, in that case I would put them on the sides away from the GPS antenna and avionics (on top just in front of the battery) .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S