DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I’m out.

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
I’ve been watching the numbers rise on the forums and thought it was a great thing. The Mavic isn’t my main platform, but these forums seemed to be a good place to read and participate in conversations for learning, entertainment and being a part of a community. But it seems lately, that if you post something funny, it’s either taken out of context or just shot down, post an opinion on something there’s always someone ready to put that down, and I’m now reading so many posts that are just people being quick to jump on others for mistakes (intentional, uneducated or just simple mistakes). I come from 20 years military experience and now 20 years in the education sector (40 years in aviation), and from my experience, people don’t learn from others coming across as high and mighty.
I’ve had a big start to the year, and maybe just tired and being a cranky old man, but for a couple of weeks now, almost every day I log in here, I think to myself, “I just can’t be bothered with all of this anymore”
Anyway, I’ve learned heaps from my membership here over the last 4 years, and I like to think I’ve helped others when I could, but as the title says, “ I’m out”

happy to help anyone if they wish to ask me anything. Just P.M. me and I’ll get a message in my email.

thanks guys. Good luck

I’ve been watching the numbers rise on the forums and thought it was a great thing. The Mavic isn’t my main platform, but these forums seemed to be a good place to read and participate in conversations for learning, entertainment and being a part of a community. But it seems lately, that if you post something funny, it’s either taken out of context or just shot down, post an opinion on something there’s always someone ready to put that down, and I’m now reading so many posts that are just people being quick to jump on others for mistakes (intentional, uneducated or just simple mistakes). I come from 20 years military experience and now 20 years in the education sector (40 years in aviation), and from my experience, people don’t learn from others coming across as high and mighty.
I’ve had a big start to the year, and maybe just tired and being a cranky old man, but for a couple of weeks now, almost every day I log in here, I think to myself, “I just can’t be bothered with all of this anymore”
Anyway, I’ve learned heaps from my membership here over the last 4 years, and I like to think I’ve helped others when I could, but as the title says, “ I’m out”

happy to help anyone if they wish to ask me anything. Just P.M. me and I’ll get a message in my email.

thanks guys. Good luck
G'day! I read this with great interest, having just joined the forum, and I can relate to all that you have said as I come from a similar early background. I'm very much an intrigued novice who would appreciate some advice/confidence building/support if you are so inclined?
I'm not sure if it is appropriate/possible to communicate outside this forum but if it helps to establish my bona fides try AWM/our vintage nominal roll/green machine/39037.
Hope this works. Cheers

It seems to be pretty common now, especially on social media. A lot of people seems to be pretty negative, takes jokes or opinions or advices out of context with a negative spin, and then be outraged about it. Maybe they are looking for an excuse to put others down so they can feel superior about themselves.
I haven’t been too active in this forum for a while too. I read the title, and if it may not be of interest to me, I won’t bother reading the thread. And on threads I do read, if I feel it might be helpful, I post a comment.

Come back-anzac-jack-come back!
Mate just take a breather every now and again, and just flip through the posts!!
I come on everyday, click 'New Posts' up the top and simply peruse the titles...
If I see a member I like, such as Sar104, yourself, Dirk! I stop and take a look in!

I don't post much anymore, but still love the place!

sorry to see you go, your contributions to the forum will be missed ,maybe after a break you will come back hope so take care

“I just can’t be bothered with all of this anymore”

Mate, sad to see you saying that, but I know how you feel.
Social media has a lot to answer for, and sometimes the sort of behaviours you can normally find there flow in to forums.
Forums in general are / were in decline vs Faceache etc, this one is an exception, it's powering along.

I tried regular social media (just FB) once, mostly for family contact, all the younsters are on it . . . stuck it out for 6 months mostly on Mavic groups.
One by one I left them due to the idiots coming along and just wanting to pull the whole thing down.

I'm not on anything now except here and YouTube.

Take @Simmo 's advice and just take a rest now and then.
I did it a while ago, and it was a fresh look when participating again.

having just joined the forum

Welcome to the forum to a fellow South Aussie.
Hope you made it through the fires without too much loss, and glad that shocking start to summer has passed.

Come back-anzac-jack-come back!
Mate just take a breather every now and again, and just flip through the posts!!
I come on everyday, click 'New Posts' up the top and simply peruse the titles...
If I see a member I like, such as Sar104, yourself, Dirk! I stop and take a look in!

I don't post much anymore, but still love the place!
Man you look in if I post to see why I’m posting cause it’s because I only do anymore when I’m getting on someone. ?

Please don't give in to the negative attitude of these people. Unfortunately, the crack pots will some times seem to be the majority because they are the loudest, but they are not. The majority will read the posts and not chime in unless they have something helpful to say. I try to hit the thumbs up sign so people know that they are valued.
Don't forget that the majority of the haters do so to try to inflate their feeling of self worth, they should be pitied.

[U]anzacjack[/U] I do so hope you will reconsider

Fly safe, Fly well

thanks guys. Good luck
I say just give it a break, but come back. I have seen a lot of arrogance on this forum. It’s human. And I’ll bet I’ve said some insensitive, stupid things in my posts. And technical mistakes. Then I step back, wait a day or two and come back.
There are a lot of nice, friendly, intelligent people on this forum who are much more informed in areas beyond the expertise of an outdated chemical engineer. For that, I am grateful. I’ve certainly learned new things and that keeps my mind away from dementia. An engrossing hobby is important to me, and I can’t do it alone. I want to see this one continue through the ups and downs of this forum. And only as a group, we can help each other navigate the pending future regulations.
Don’t give up.

I say just give it a break, but come back. I have seen a lot of arrogance on this forum. It’s human. And I’ll bet I’ve said some insensitive, stupid things in my posts. And technical mistakes. Then I step back, wait a day or two and come back.
There are a lot of nice, friendly, intelligent people on this forum who are much more informed in areas beyond the expertise of an outdated chemical engineer. For that, I am grateful. I’ve certainly learned new things and that keeps my mind away from dementia. An engrossing hobby is important to me, and I want to see this one continue through the ups and downs of this forum. And only as a group, we can help each other navigate the pending future regulations.
Don’t give up.
well said @RadioFlyerMan joined just after you and we are the same age as well ,i really enjoy being on the forum,its a mine of good info,

I find the ignore function on forums very useful and it's well implemented on this one as it removes user posts entirely from the thread rather than showing a gap and 'view this post', it removes all threads started by the user as well as their quoted posts and you've the option to ignore threads as well. Sometimes it can screw up the flow of a conversation but you can easily restore the posts by clicking the Show Ignored content link at the bottom of the posts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada