DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am a new pilot with my mavic 2 pro please help

Alex2020

Reactions
I am actually downloading the mavic 2 pro files ( photos and videos ) on my 2017 iPad pro via sd card reader and I noticed that some of my photos take forever to have the perfect definition on my iPad after I downloaded them ..... do I need to download them again , is there any special trick or do I just need them to be processed completely ? I will appreciate any pilot's help !!!

Reactions: Slade
I take it when you say downloading you are actually transferring files from the SD card. ;)

If you are taking RAW photos & 4k video the files could be pretty large but I am not an apple man so don't know the processing power of an iPad.
You say “some” are you shooting in RAW & JPEG ? Could be the JPEG are loading but the RAW are causing you the problem.
If you are shooting RAW what program are you using to view them?

I am actually downloading the mavic 2 pro files ( photos and videos ) on my 2017 iPad pro via sd card reader and I noticed that some of my photos take forever to have the perfect definition on my iPad after I downloaded them ..... do I need to download them again , is there any special trick or do I just need them to be processed completely ? I will appreciate any pilot's help !!!
Congratulations on your new MP2?

Welcome to the Forum from the Nature Coast of Florida!

Depending on the filesize, it indeed might take a moment for the image to be displayed complete. This might occur if you try to open the files from the SD-Card.
First thing would be (if not done already), to copy (move) the files from the card to the device you want to work on. If possible, you should copy a file before you start editing. If you really "kill" the file editing it (and that will happen, I did it myself), you always have the oriinal files. If you import the files in iPhoto or Fotos, you don't have to worry about that, the originals will be kept.
And make sure to to get backups in case your systems crashes.

Reactions: Thomas B
If you are transferring through the Mavic's wireless it will take a long time. I always pop the SD card from the AC to my Mac and transfer that way. Then I can review, edit and then the ones I want on my ipad I just airdrop them to the ipad.

Reactions: NAVMAV
When I load higher res images into my ipad, I also find it takes several seconds for them to go from fuzzy to sharp. It is just the file size that is causing you delay.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser