DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am aware that this is not the spark forum

Platinum 4 ever

Reactions
To make a long story short. I bought a new remote off of eBay. Paired it with the spark and all is good. But every time I open the app. It wants me to do a update. But the update is stalled at 0 %. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks in advance.

What happens if you ignore the update request or can you not ignore it, as in, is the update attempt forced upon you?

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
I don't know but would have thought indefinitley. Aside from anything else you can always switch wifi and, if relevant, network data off before you start the app etc. Do you have automatic updates switched on or off?

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
I don't know but would have thought indefinitley. Aside from anything else you can always switch wifi and, if relevant, network data off before you start the app etc. Do you have automatic updates switched on or off?

Where is this on off option ? Are you talking about. On my iPad mini or in the DJI app ?

For me it is generally in the "settings" bit of the "profile" or "me" section of the front page of the app ( Go4 & Fly) with Go it looks like you have to manually trigger a check for updates.

For me it is generally in the "settings" bit of the "profile" or "me" section of the front page of the app ( Go4 & Fly) with Go it looks like you have to manually trigger a check for updates.

I will have a look [emoji102] later on this evening. If and when I find that setting I will turn it off and give you a shoutout to let ya know. Thanks again for all your help.

You are welcome though I do wish some one else would chip in with some corroboration ....or the opposite lol

Update the remote controller and the drone using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC
If there are a number of firmware versions/ packages update each one from the bottom of the list and then move to the next one, don't be tempted to jump to the latest version.
Make sure both batteries are fully charged before attempting an update

Get DJI Assistant 2 from the bottom of this webpage, this is the version that works with the Spark

Last edited:
Update the remote controller and the drone using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC
If there are a number of firmware versions/ packages update each one from the bottom of the list and then move to the next one, don't be tempted to jump to the latest version.
Make sure both batteries are fully charged before attempting an update

Get DJI Assistant 2 from the bottom of this webpage, this is the version that works with the Spark

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143