DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am having problems with calibrating my MavicAir.

Wave Oglesby

Reactions
I was flying my MavivAir this weekend and the calibration went perfect on the first battery. I then switched to battery number 2 and the program ask me to calibrate again. I could not get it to calibrate. Did the drone dance moved all around got away from the building. Got frustrated and quit. Does anyone have a better way to do this?

Just asking, do you get the red triangle at startup saying a compass cal is needed?

I was flying my MavivAir this weekend and the calibration went perfect on the first battery. I then switched to battery number 2 and the program ask me to calibrate again. I could not get it to calibrate. Did the drone dance moved all around got away from the building. Got frustrated and quit. Does anyone have a better way to do this?
Not sure if this will help but if my MA asks me to recalibrate the compass, I follow these steps.
1. Remove all things metallic that I may have on myself including coins and watch. Turn off AC, turn off RC, move to a different spot (usually a few meters away), restart everything and see if the compass error goes away.

2. If step one above doesn't solve the issue, I start the compass recalibration. Again, I make sure there is nothing metallic on my person, enter the recalibration menu, hold the AC with one hand and the RC on the other with both arms outstretched forming a near 180 degree line. I go through the two recalibration steps, rotating myself as directed (the app does give you directions as to which way to rotate).

And that is it. I have never had a compass recalibration fail. How are you doing yours?

Not sure if this will help but if my MA asks me to recalibrate the compass, I follow these steps.
1. Remove all things metallic that I may have on myself including coins and watch. Turn off AC, turn off RC, move to a different spot (usually a few meters away), restart everything and see if the compass error goes away.

2. If step one above doesn't solve the issue, I start the compass recalibration. Again, I make sure there is nothing metallic on my person, enter the recalibration menu, hold the AC with one hand and the RC on the other with both arms outstretched forming a near 180 degree line. I go through the two recalibration steps, rotating myself as directed (the app does give you directions as to which way to rotate).

And that is it. I have never had a compass recalibration fail. How are you doing yours?
I do the drone dance with the AC in one hand and the RC in the other.One addition is that I od get the green light on the back a solid green after the first rotation but the straight up one was the one that was failing. Seems like DJI could just publish some simple directions to get this done. I did read earlier today that you need to point the drone with the camera pointing down not up.I also can't say that I turn the direction the app says to turn. Can't say I did this but will try this coming weekend.

Wow, ii did not notice the ACs camera is pointing up. I always pointed the camera down and it always worked fine.

Reactions: dawgpilot
And some graphics on different versions of the Go App show the aircraft on its side (which also works).

Refer back to post #9..........

Reactions: Bobvt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000