DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am planning a trip to Mexico and I want to bring my mavic2pro with me.

stpatrick

Reactions
I am planning a trip to Mexico, Play Del Carmen, I want to bring my mavic2pro with me. There is a lot of information saying drones are prohibited by foreign nationals. Is there any workaround for this restriction?

Reactions: E90RAW
I am planning a trip to Mexico, Play Del Carmen, I want to bring my mavic2pro with me. There is a lot of information saying drones are prohibited by foreign nationals. Is there any workaround for this restriction?

Leave it at home or...

The Mexican laws on drones seem to say that any drone over 250 grams must be registered, but only Mexican citizens may register the drone. Would this imply that the Mini would be okay to fly then, assuming adherence to guidelines?

For the OP and his M2P, it’s probably best to simply leave it at home. Stop by Best Buy before your flight to pick up a Mini with Fly More combo.

I was in Playa dl Carmen 3 years ago and there were drones on the beach of the resort. Clearly all foreigners at the resort.

I traveled with a magazine photographer to Loreto (Baja California Sur) about a year ago. When he cleared customs, there was a delay because they had to calculate the import tax on his Mavic Air. I think they ended up charging him about $70. Don't ask to for the regulation or documentation on it. That is the way the system works in Mexico. He flew it around the town a bit and did not have any problems. He did get some wonderful photos though.

That money can be put towards getting the Mavic Mini(249g)...will solve the whole problem

I was in Cozumel and flew my Mavic Mini knowing it was under the 250 gram weight requiring residence and registration.

On the beach, another tourist was flying his M2P and wasn't bothered by anyone.

Safe bet, get a MM Fly More Combo. Likely a close second, they'll be delighted to leave a revenue generating tourist alone if you're flying your M2P in a considerate manner.

It’s that green/red customs check system they use in Cancun...there is a 50% chance of getting the red followed by addition hand searches of luggage and then trying to get addition revenue I. The form of import taxes

It’s that green/red customs check system they use in Cancun...there is a 50% chance of getting the red followed by addition hand searches of luggage and then trying to get addition revenue I. The form of import taxes
And after you’ve stood in the line for 45-60 minutes....

The system sucks now...takes all the fun out of bringing a drone to Mexico...Back in 2015 Mexico was very relaxed about drone use in its territory...Now going there will suck...if you have a drone over 250g[emoji6]

I heard Cancun has phased out the Green/Red light system....Now they X-ray everyone’s bag...to see the contents..Drones are easy to spot

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0