DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am randomly losing roll and yaw on my 2S

Greatsign1

Reactions
I am randomly losing roll and yaw on my 2S
Right up front, I have to say I am a newbie. I bought the Air 2, had it for less than a month and returned it to buy the 2S which I have only flown 3 times so far. The problems I describe below I never experienced on my Air 2. On the 2nd and 3rd days of flying the 2s, I would randomly lose the ability to move left or right or turn clockwise or counterclockwise. On each day, I flew the 2s in several different locations, turning everything off while transporting it. Below are some notes I made on exactly what happened

5/23/21
Upon startup, In normal mode drone would not go left or right. In normal mode when flying forward it also increased in altitude. Because of these abnormalities, I decided to land the drone and perform both a compass and IMU calibration. Following calibration though, these abnormalities continued, so I switched to cine mode where all functions seemed to be OK but in rocket was a little shaky when coming back down to the ground.
Later on after I turned off and restarted the 2S I was again having the loss of control with left and right in cine mode so in mid air I switched to normal and everything appeared to be functioning. I then switched back to cine mode and everything was functioning as normal and I did not experience any further issues

5/24/21
Tested aircraft right after take-off, about 5ft above ground, both left right and rotation worked fine. I positioned the aircraft about 3-4ft above and between two fire engines and pointed the front at a sign on the fire station. I enabled bypass with avoidance sensors in the Go Fly App. The 2S stopped allowing me to rotate or move left or right. I then landed the aircraft tested it again at 3-4ft high everything worked in both cini and normal modes. I then position the 2S again over the fire engines and again ran into problems. Landed aircraft again tested again and finally decided to turn off avoidance sensors and flew 2S using dronie without problem

I then traveled to a new location where I wanted to orbit around a monument style sign, but decided to installed new firmware update first. While doing spotlight rotation around a monument sign, I was randomly losing control of both rotation and left and right control with or without avoidance sensors enabled

At my final destination, I was planning on doing a dronie in front of a freestanding sign. While setting up the shot, I again lost the ability to rotate the 2s, so I turned off obstacle avoidance sensors and and I was able to do my dronie.

Like I said, I am a newbie, so if there is something obvious that I am doing wrong or need to reset, I would really appreciate your help

For that kind of shot you might have to disable obstacle avoidance.
Check that sensors are clean and no lights from stn or truck are shining directly at sensors.

One thing you want to stop doing is checking everything with the drone so close to you ,, those sensors are very sensitive, so make sure they are clear of all obstacles. The top sensors also have a very wide spray so be careful of that also.

Also you may check your setting to make sure you do not have anything turned off in regards to moving side to side.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain and Land on the water.

Have you tried calibrating the sticks on your remote? It's done in app. Maybe got bumped out of whack during shipping. Easy to try. Shouldn't affect the quick shots though

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my long post. I appreciate you sharing your ideas. One thing I did discover is that sideways flight had been disabled. I will definitely follow up on your suggestions as well. One question, is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensors?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S