DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am regretfully going to have to sell my new Mavic Air, I need some help first...

Rizzle

Reactions
I am regretfully going to have to sell my new Mavic Air due to unforeseen financial difficulties. Can anyone explain what i need to do in order to wipe my data from the drone. I don't want to sell it to some random who may use it dangerously and then the drone will have my details associated with it. How do I unregister it for example?

Don't think you have to do anything. The next user will have to log in with their details on their app and fly it. Nothing will be linked back to you. Did you buy Care Refresh for it?

Reactions: scgene31 and Rizzle
I believe you can set it back to the factory setting using the DJI assistant.

Reactions: Rizzle
Don't think you have to do anything. The next user will have to log in with their details on their app and fly it. Nothing will be linked back to you. Did you buy Care Refresh for it?

Ok thanks, no I didn’t

When did you purchase it and who from? If it has been under 14 days EU consumer law allows you to return a product for any reason within this time, even if it has been activated. I'm also UK based & I recently returned mine on the 14th day direct to DJI (after activation) for a full refund. I've gone for a MPP instead

Reactions: Youser
When did you purchase it and who from? If it has been under 14 days EU consumer law allows you to return a product for any reason within this time, even if it has been activated. I'm also UK based & I recently returned mine on the 14th day direct to DJI (after activation) for a full refund. I've gone for a MPP instead

Whats didn't you like about it?

I think you're going to regret that big time:eek:

I have both the mavic pro plat and air...used to have reg mav pro too! I can tell you one thing the mavic air produces is way better images all you get with the mavic pro and the Platinum are washed out fuzzy watercolor paintings... not literally but you really have to work hard and post to fix the watercolor effect ....the mavic air haven't had to really do any work. And if it's a signal /distance thing who cares if your camera is not even good or producing good images .....selling my Platinum too

Whats didn't you like about it?

I think you're going to regret that big time:eek:

I have both the mavic pro plat and air...used to have reg mav pro too! I can tell you one thing the mavic air produces is way better images all you get with the mavic pro and the Platinum are washed out fuzzy watercolor paintings... not literally but you really have to work hard and post to fix the watercolor effect ....the mavic air haven't had to really do any work. And if it's a signal /distance thing who cares if your camera is not even good or producing good images .....selling my Platinum too

I made a thread about it afew days ago, it wasn’t so much as I didn’t like the Air, I really really like a lot of of the features, in particular the camera & the size. It mainly came came to 3 major features that i felt the MPP had an advantage with - noise, wifi signal & battery life. I’ve mainly been using it in urban, busy environments so noise & signal strength are the major ones, battery I could live with.
I know a lot people are saying signal/range is fine for their needs, but if you’re in FCC open area (for example ready set drones range test) remember you need to take that signal & cripple it by half (i’m in CE) and then add in all the interface from a busy city = no more than 500m with severe lag/RTH disconnect

You may be right & I may end up regretting it after seeing the downgrades MPP camera, and I may even end up going back to the Air (I said this post) now the FCC mods seem to be working, but I’d like to try the MPP at least. I also knowledge I have no doubt the camera is better on the Air. I also managed to get the MPP for £100 cheaper than I paid for the Air. Anyway, i’m sure when the MP2 i’ll probably regret not just waiting anyway!

I made a thread about it afew days ago, it wasn’t so much as I didn’t like the Air, I really really like a lot of of the features, in particular the camera & the size. It mainly came came to 3 major features that i felt the MPP had an advantage with - noise, wifi signal & battery life. I’ve mainly been using it in urban, busy environments so noise & signal strength are the major ones, battery I could live with.
I know a lot people are saying signal/range is fine for their needs, but if you’re in FCC open area (for example ready set drones range test) remember you need to take that signal & cripple it by half (i’m in CE) and then add in all the interface from a busy city = no more than 500m with severe lag/RTH disconnect

You may be right & I may end up regretting it after seeing the downgrades MPP camera, and I may even end up going back to the Air (I said this post) now the FCC mods seem to be working, but I’d like to try the MPP at least. I also knowledge I have no doubt the camera is better on the Air. I also managed to get the MPP for £100 cheaper than I paid for the Air. Anyway, i’m sure when the MP2 i’ll probably regret not just waiting anyway!
Well whatever the case. Good luck my friend hope u enjoy the mpp

I don't want to sell it to some random who may use it dangerously and then the drone will have my details associated with it.

When you sell it, couldn't you get some sort of proof that you transferred ownership on a certain date? eg if the person pays electronically, ensure he puts it in the description and retain a copy of your certified mail receipt etc? If handing over in person, get them to sign a document acknowledging when the transfer of ownership took place?

Reactions: Rizzle
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3