DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can't buy Care Refresh any more?

cameraz

Reactions
I recently crashed my Mavic Mini, and it was eligible for replacement under the second year of my Care Refresh. DJI has just sent me a new drone. But when I went to DJI.com to purchase a new Care Refresh plan, I saw this message:

*DJI Care Refresh is not purchasable for products that are already or have previously been bound to DJI Care Refresh, or for replacements offered through DJI Care Refresh or DJI Care Refresh +".

Does that mean I am out of luck?

That seems like a normal way to run such cover, why increase risk of further claims by allowing further cover ?
It could be a never ending circle.
I honestly haven’t seen the answer posted before, and if this has always been the policy, or if a new-ish thing.
Someone here who’s claimed before can hopefully corroborate your experience.

it would seem that care refresh can only last a maximum of two years

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
it would seem that care refresh can only last a maximum of two years
The replacement in the 2nd year might make a difference.
Be good to hear from those that have had replacements in years 1 or 2 and tried buying refresh again.

It could be in the care refresh online fine print somewhere, usually such a policy term would be.

Possibly comparable to car insurance, once a policy is claimed on for a write off, even a day after renewal, and paid out, the policy contract is deemed completed and no premium is refunded.
And if paying premiums in instalments, they take the full term premium $ off the payout.

"That seems like a normal way to run such cover, why increase risk of further claims by allowing further cover?"

"it would seem that care refresh can only last a maximum of two years"

Well, it's not like I'd be getting Care Refresh for free. And I'm sure that not everybody makes a claim, so DJI is making money on Care Refresh.

Check your Care Refresh contract.
As I understand you got your Mini replaced under your current Care Refresh contract. That means your replacement is bound to that Care Refresh contract; you can't buy Care Refresh for a drone already under contract. Furthermore, you didn't buy a new drone; it was part of Care Refresh, so you can't purchase Care Refresh for it.
If that isn't what happened then please explain.
In a case where you send a non-Care Refresh drone in for paid repair service and DJI sends a new replacement DJI I may make an offer for you to purchase a new Care Refresh contract for the drone which was not covered by Care Refresh. That happened for my old Spark.

@cameraz thats how insurance works i had care refresh for one year on my MM and then DJI contacted me, and offered me another years cover at a reduced cost,because i had not used the service during the first year ,and i didnt use it during the second year either
so yes DJI made money out of me for nothing ,but how about all those MM flyers who had refresh and made the maximum number of claims during the course of their cover ,no one forces you to take out Care refresh it your choice ,

Check your Care Refresh contract.
As I understand you got your Mini replaced under your current Care Refresh contract. That means your replacement is bound to that Care Refresh contract; you can't buy Care Refresh for a drone already under contract. Furthermore, you didn't buy a new drone; it was part of Care Refresh, so you can't purchase Care Refresh for it.
If that isn't what happened then please explain.
In a case where you send a non-Care Refresh drone in for paid repair service and DJI sends a new replacement DJI I may make an offer for you to purchase a new Care Refresh contract for the drone which was not covered by Care Refresh. That happened for my old Spark.
Several years ago I purchased a Mavic Mini. At that time I purchased a 2-year Care Refresh plan. About 6 months later, I crashed the Mini. I sent it to DJI, and they sent me a new one. Last month I crashed the second Mini, and sent it to DJI, and they sent me a new one.
I figured if I used up my Care Refresh, and got a new drone, I could purchase a new Care Refresh Plan. After all, let's say I wanted to keep my crashed drone for parts (it still flew; only the gimball was broken) and I went and purchased a new Mini. Could I not purchase Care Refresh for this new Mini?

Well, it's not like I'd be getting Care Refresh for free. And I'm sure that not everybody makes a claim, so DJI is making money on Care Refresh.

Like car insurance it could be a factor, increased risk = higher premiums for vehicles, or sometimes cover is refused.
DJI makes MORE $ when there are fewer claims, tied to the same reasoning.

The terms for Care Refresh + (year 2) is here, and explains the serial number reissue thing, not covered.

if you purchased a new Mini, and purchased a care refresh plan for that mini ,that would only cover that particular Mini ,as long as it had never been activated before ,each refresh is linked to the drones serial number and who activated it and what part of the world they were in at the time

If you purchase a new mini you can purchase a new Care Refresh contract from DJI for that drone. Check details on the DJI Care Refresh program.

I recently crashed my Mavic Mini, and it was eligible for replacement under the second year of my Care Refresh. DJI has just sent me a new drone. But when I went to DJI.com to purchase a new Care Refresh plan, I saw this message:

*DJI Care Refresh is not purchasable for products that are already or have previously been bound to DJI Care Refresh, or for replacements offered through DJI Care Refresh or DJI Care Refresh +".

Does that mean I am out of luck?
I could have sworn that I was able to purchase dji care refresh multiple times for the same drone. But now that I think about it, I think the first one was for a year, second was for 2 years. I didn't have any incident to use it though, could be the difference.
Also, could it be that your care refresh is still active on the drone? If you had a couple more months of coverage, I could see that dji wouldn't sell you another plan unless the current one was expired.

I could have sworn that I was able to purchase dji care refresh multiple times for the same drone. But now that I think about it, I think the first one was for a year, second was for 2 years. I didn't have any incident to use it though, could be the difference.
Also, could it be that your care refresh is still active on the drone? If you had a couple more months of coverage, I could see that dji wouldn't sell you another plan unless the current one was expired.
Actually, I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm pretty sure my Care Refresh expires in August. But does it automatically transfer to a replacement drone?

Yes, automatically covered. Check your DJI online account for status of your Care Refresh agreement.

Reactions: cameraz
Yes, automatically covered. Check your DJI online account for status of your Care Refresh agreement.
Thank you. I checked and it shows that my Care Refresh+ is valid though 8/26/2022.

Update: Just got a phone call from DJI. They said I will not be able to purchase a new Care Refresh plan for my current drone when the agreement expires.

Can't take any more risks now! :p

Last edited:
The replacement in the 2nd year might make a difference.
Be good to hear from those that have had replacements in years 1 or 2 and tried buying refresh again.

It could be in the care refresh online fine print somewhere, usually such a policy term would be.

Possibly comparable to car insurance, once a policy is claimed on for a write off, even a day after renewal, and paid out, the policy contract is deemed completed and no premium is refunded.
And if paying premiums in instalments, they take the full term premium $ off the payout.
I just renewed the Care Refresh on two of my three Mini-2s. Both of them had been replaced under the program due to early training accidents. The renewal dates were based on the original purchase data, not on the date that I received the replacements.

The Refresh coverage is more for a "slot", or delivery position, than for a particular specific drone.

"That seems like a normal way to run such cover, why increase risk of further claims by allowing further cover?"

"it would seem that care refresh can only last a maximum of two years"

That's the entire premise of all insurance, take in more money than you pay out. That IS an insurance company's exact business model, even if its DJI.

I just renewed the Care Refresh on two of my three Mini-2s. Both of them had been replaced under the program due to early training accidents. The renewal dates were based on the original purchase data, not on the date that I received the replacements.

The Refresh coverage is more for a "slot", or delivery position, than for a particular specific drone.

It's so confusing (and conflicting) with the DJI CR+ doc I linked to above (post #9).
May be more in the terms somewhere.

Basically DJI have carefully considered their risk vs income on CR and CR+, the number of claims, conditions of claims allowed, replacement fees . . . probably simply at their cost too, or even with a little profit still.

It's a great product for new pilots, perhaps for commercial users, and those hobbyists that might push the limits.
You and the FPV setup would probably be a situation for even an experienced pilot to have it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica