DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can't connect RC to the aircraft anymore (suddenly stopped connecting - cable is fine)

dominik_r

Reactions
Hi guys,

I would love to find help here with a situation which makes me sad right now.

About 2 weeks ago I bought my Mavic Mini Fly more combo. I did update the firmware and everything correctly (I'm not a newbie when it comes to the technical stuff I guess). Firstly, my DJI Fly app was showing "RC not connected to the aircraft" red highlighted text. So I went sleep that day and in the morning when I tried to run things out the same way it was working fine. Then the next few days I was flying outdoors without any issues. I didn't have an accident or issue during that.

However, yesterday I went out for a flight and again: "RC not connected... " so I was not able to fly. I tried more than enough reboots, YouTube tips and tricks, updating the firmware again through the DJI Fly Assistant app with my laptop. Nothing helped. I'm sure that the cable from RC to my phone (iPhone XR with latest iOS) is fine.

Do you guys please have any tip or solution for that?

I would be really grateful to try something more to get my drone running again. It's really strange that I wasn't able to fly first, then it was good without any issues and now again. I really can't find any flow in that.

Thanks!
Dominik

Attachments

• rc not connected.png
    rc not connected.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 24
i know this is unusual but try putting a different SD card in the drone and see what happens

Reactions: WooZie
I heard about this.. I've tried to remove the card, not switching to another one, do you think that could help?
Thanks!
you will not get a result unless you replace the existing card with a new one once you have a connection if a new card works and you have formatted it then it is possible to power down everything and then insert the old card and with luck it will connect and then you can format the original card good luck

Hi guys,

About 2 weeks ago I bought my Mavic Mini Fly more combo. I did update the firmware and everything correctly (I'm not a newbie when it comes to the technical stuff I guess). Firstly, my DJI Fly app was showing "RC not connected to the aircraft" red highlighted text. So I went sleep that day and in the morning when I tried to run things out the same way it was working fine. Then the next few days I was flying outdoors without any issues. I didn't have an accident or issue during that.

However, yesterday I went out for a flight and again: "RC not connected... " so I was not able to fly. I tried more than enough reboots, YouTube tips and tricks, updating the firmware again through the DJI Fly Assistant app with my laptop. Nothing helped. I'm sure that the cable from RC to my phone (iPhone XR with latest iOS) is fine.

I would be really grateful to try something more to get my drone running again. It's really strange that I wasn't able to fly first, then it was good without any issues and now again. I really can't find any flow in that.

Thanks!
Dominik

the problem come from the connect ( micro usb) into your remote controller , it must be broken and changed - it's very easy to do , i repare it by myself or look for an electronic technican to do it ,

the problem come from the connect ( micro usb) into your remote controller , it must be broken and changed - it's very easy to do , i repare it by myself or look for an electronic technican to do it ,
the side port is a well known weak spot ,it is possible to repair yourself if you are confident enough and take your time it comes with the cable attached to the port ,and the controller has to be taken apart to fit it if you feel that it is to complicated, then getting it fixed professionally would be the way to go

the side port is a well known weak spot ,it is possible to repair yourself if you are confident enough and take your time it comes with the cable attached to the port ,and the controller has to be taken apart to fit it if you feel that it is to complicated, then getting it fixed professionally would be the way to go
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Dominik
you’re right, but I had the same problem and it was the connection that was deffective and more than just going through the service after selling DJI, I repaired the connection by myself by watching the "youtube" videos on how to disassemble the radio control and I was able to repair it

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000